Is there a hack/app to disable or remove Wii Message Board?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by WiiCube_2013, Nov 12, 2013.

1. WiiCube_2013
    OP

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    I really don't like it at all, it's a pointless feature and if it would be possible to eliminate it or just disable I'd like to know how.

I tried the Maintenance Mode (+ and + and A) but I guess it no longer works on the firmware I'm on (4.3E).

2. Leo Alves

Leo Alves GBAtemp Regular

Dec 16, 2012
    Brazil
    If you don't want your games showing in there you can disable it on the Usb Loaders, but will record the name of homebrew channel or forwarder in any case

To disable it, on:

CFG Usb Loader -> Open the folder usb-loader and find the config.txt, write this in there: write_playog = 0
    This you disable the Wii Message Board update for all games, but will record the name of the Homebrew Channel or the Forwarder Channel (In other words, the channel you launched the Loader)

USB Loader GX -> Go to settings and find this option: ''Message Board Update'', disable this and save

Wiiflow -> I don't know how

Another alternative is to set the Usb Loader to go back to Homebrew Channel after you finish the game and press ''Wii Menu'' on the Home Menu when you pause the game with the Home Button

You can clean all data from you Wii Message Board, there's two options:

1 - Formatting your Wii

2 - With this method: http://gbatemp.net/threads/clean-you-wii-messageboard-without-formatting.343719/

I never tried the second method and people don't recommend to formatting softmoded wiis, so, take your own risk

3. WiiCube_2013
    OP

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    Thanks Leo though the USB ones are useless because I just use an SD Card all the time.