Is there a coverflow program for DVD backups?

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by jceggbert5, Jun 12, 2010.

Jun 12, 2010
  1. jceggbert5
    OP

Member jceggbert5 Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.

United States
    I have hundreds of DVDs (last time I checked, a year ago, about 320), and I want to put them on a couple external HDDs (so there is no more DVD clutter around [​IMG]), and I was wondering if there was a coverflow program that I could install on my computer that has a search function and the ability to download info from IMDB or something...

I would prefer if it could use the full VIDEO_TS folder instead of just the plain video files (I like features, k?) (also, 3D DVD Boxes preferred...)...

I have been spoiled by WiiFlow, so I want my computer to do the same for my DVDs (I have a computer for a TV (homemade PVR FTW))...

Thanks, all!

P.S. Windows XP Pro...

2. jceggbert5
    OP

United States
    Bumpity bump bump.... Anyone know anything?

3. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    There are ripping methods (which I believe are against the rules to talk about) to turn them into video files like AVI or MKV. MKV at least lets you keep the menus, options and subtracks (like extra audio or subtitle tracks) within the wrapper. I don't know the details since it's been years since I've tried one.

EDIT: Additional thought; it should be easier to just rip the DVD into an ISO image, then use any old optical drive emulation software to mount the image. After that it'll play like any old DVD.

After that, I believe Windows Media Center has a coverflow system for browsing your selection. Again, I don't know the details, just that I've seen a friend go through his collection of thousands of movies that way.

4. Hakoda

Member Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    This is the best I could find using Google. Link Perhaps this is what Originality was referring to. Came from this Original Article

5. Master_B

Member Master_B GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    try mediaportal:
    Code:
    http://www.team-mediaportal.com/
    and i read that somebody in the netherlands used this skin:
    Code:
    http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh247/Tha1Clown/Xfase.jpg?t=1197364760
    .... looks cool in my opinion.

o, and where i looked everybody sugested iso files.

regards,

edit:
    MediaPortal turns your PC and TV into a very advanced home media center. Our software allows you to listen to your favorite music and radio stations; watch and store your videos and DVDs; view, schedule and record live TV as a digital video recorder; and much, much more. MediaPortal is open source software. This means you can help develop MediaPortal or tweak it for your own needs with lots of innovative plugins from our great community.
    Get your free copy of this outstanding mediacenter now!

6. Hakoda

Member Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Looks better than whatever I found. Here's a direct link to the XFACE Skin that Master_B had a picture of: XFACE for MediaPortal Only for 16:9 monitors.

7. jceggbert5
    OP

United States
    I was hoping for a standalone program (I don't want mediaportal, our PVR hates it for some reason...) or an add-on for SageTV that does NOT require Sage Media Center addon (SageMC)

Thanks... [​IMG]