Is the Wiikey worth?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Sstew, Sep 29, 2008.

1. Sstew
    OP

Sstew GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.

Jul 15, 2008
    United States
    Florida
    Hi there, I'm trying to decide on getting a chip for my Wii, I bought it a week after it came out,(Which was November of 06' I believe)

So I haven't checked on what type of drive I have, but I'd love to get a solderless chip, The only one I can think of is the Wiikey,

First off is solderless just as good as soldered?

Also will the Wiikey run most backups?- Even of newer games?

Lastly, are there any other solderless chips?

Thanks!

Sstew

2. NeSchn

NeSchn GBAPimpdaddy.

Oct 4, 2007
    United States
    Troy,New York PimpStatus: King
    I think its worth it I have had mine (with the WiiClip) since July and it has worked perfectly.

3. Swip

Swip GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 29, 2008
    A Free Clip programmed with YAOSM is a a great alternative to the wiikey for early models. It still has support unlike the wiikey.

4. baosen

baosen Member

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2004
    Norway
    I would say go for YAOSM. Much better than Wiikey [​IMG]

5. tempest.nano

tempest.nano Member

Newcomer
    Jan 29, 2007
    United States
    I would recommend a Wiikey to anyone with a compatible wii. I've been using the Wiikey for over a year, and it's been golden.

6. amptor

amptor Banned

Banned
    May 2, 2003
    United States
    soldered is better. the contacts always have oxidation and after a while the components won't work with eachother any more. I soldered mine in, it was a snap.

7. Framework43

Framework43 I'm International

Sep 3, 2008
    United States
    Agreed. I purchased one of those with gaminglagoon, and YAOSM is way better than wiikey and if you want to use a wiikey device, might as well get a Key-Clip and flash it with a wiikey dumped hex [​IMG]

8. EmperorOfCanada

EmperorOfCanada GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 4, 2008
    Canada
    Canada
    Good to hear, I just purchased this from DX a couple days ago. Waiting for it to be shipped. Is it fairly easy to program and install?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice