Gaming Is the Switch chat dead already?

Song of storms

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Slow day, I'm playing Mario Kart. Been doing so since a couple of hours now. Out of all the players, no one but me was online.

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This site only stays really busy when big releases are out, so far most peoples games are working 100%, and everyone knows what to do, so they stop coming to gbatemp as much, just wait till the next firmware that breaks something, site will explode again. The interesting people who feel they are entitled to free games also come out.

Reactions: Frexxos

Song of storms

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
This site only stays really busy when big releases are out, so far most peoples games are working 100%, and everyone knows what to do, so they stop coming to gbatemp as much, just wait till the next firmware that breaks something, site will explode again. The interesting people who feel they are entitled to free games also come out.
What...? I'm talking about the in-game voice chat for some Switch games.

Song of storms

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
you mean the one with the phone app? yeah no wonder it's dead :creep:
Dude have you ever seen me play Super Smash Bros? I NEED the voice chat. I NEED to hear the autistic screams of the noobs I pwn online. On the Wii U they would rage using name tags, but now that voice chat is there, I NEED to feel the salt.

Reactions: Mnecraft368

FreePlayFlorida

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I honestly think good reason not to voice chat, tired of that on xbl, always on mute, as dont need to hear a 10 year trying to be cool and trash talk, when their parents cant hear them lol, well my switch is banned so im happy without online

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
maybe when nintendo makes a proper fucking online service one with a proper lobby and invite system and stops charging you for fucking NES games maybe than they will have a proper chat system and people will use it :P

Last edited by Bladexdsl,
Reactions: CallmeBerto

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Dude have you ever seen me play Super Smash Bros? I NEED the voice chat. I NEED to hear the autistic screams of the noobs I pwn online. On the Wii U they would rage using name tags, but now that voice chat is there, I NEED to feel the salt.

Maybe everyone is blocking you?

phonz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I only voice chat with friendos.
I see little value in communicating with randos on the net in a solo competitive game.

Kadji

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I very rarely find a Player online that uses Voice App.
I guess most people don't realize that the App is not just for talking with friends but that some games also support Voicechat with strangers over the Matchmaking Functionality of the game.

And I love that feature - the tears of my opponents that loose to Bowser in Mario Tenis Aces...so delicious...

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Il glad that being an asshole on the Internet cheers you up. I bet you're a blast at all the parties you aren't invited to :)

I treat people how they treat others, there is no point in playing the victim now.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Switch chat wan't really alive either from the start its just that Nintendo is pretty weak when it comes to social interaction within their consoles. My guess is that they wanted to protect younger kids from hearing any harsh things

Last edited by MasterJ360,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over