Hacking Is the Switch bricked?

idanny76

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I bricked the Switch. I am new at this and after my daughter updated to v10 firmware.... I decided to restore the Nand full backup which was v9.2 and now it doesn't power up or charge. Is there any hope this can be fixed?

Budsixz

Gbatemp Gamemer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
mostly I think that what you have is a fuse mismatch
you have to power down your switch by holding the power button for like 30sec
then you gotta go into RCM and push payload and keep autorcm always on for now
If you do upgrade to fw10 (which btw atmos supports already) then you can remove autorcm cause fuses would match

idanny76

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just update your CFW and you're fine. All major CFWs support v10
I'll try again. I tried putting it in RCM mode, but the problem is that doesnt want to go into RCM mode. The screen is dark all the time and I cant tell if its off or on with a black screen.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you do upgrade to fw10 (which btw atmos supports already) then you can remove autorcm cause fuses would match
I'll try that. I held the power button, but not for 30 seconds.

idanny76

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It worked.... I am in RCA mode. What do I flash to get it to boot? I was on v10 and the nand restore was on v9.2. I am on Hekate 5.1.4.

Last edited by idanny76,

Budsixz

Gbatemp Gamemer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
just push the payload fusee geele or even hekate
after that turn on autorcm
This will need to be done everytime you reboot till you're on v9.2
once you update to 10 your fuses will match and this wouldn't be needed

idanny76

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just push the payload fusee geele or even hekate
after that turn on autorcm
This will need to be done everytime you reboot till you're on v9.2
once you update to 10 your fuses will match and this wouldn't be needed
Sorry for the so many questions. I boot to hekate and enabled autorcm on. Now I then launched the fusee-primary.bin and it boots to atmosphere and then black screen. I don't want to be on AutoRCM on. How do I update back to v10 from hekate or what tutorial can I follow to install v10 to match the fuse?

I downloaded ChoiDujoirNX and the v10 firmware from https://darthsternie.net/switch-firmwares/
I will look for a tutorial. Thanks for all the help to everyone.

Last edited by idanny76,

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the so many questions. I boot to hekate and enabled autorcm on. Now I then launched the fusee-primary.bin and it boots to atmosphere and then black screen. I don't want to be on AutoRCM on. How do I update back to v10 from hekate or what tutorial can I follow to install v10 to match the fuse?
never downgrade if you dont have a copy of your boot0 and boot1 dumped with your nand. now, you can easily flash firmware 10 or 10.0.1 with choidujor. hope you have a computer running windows for this guide https://switch.homebrew.guide/usingcfw/manualchoiupgrade

idanny76

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by idanny76,

satan89

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Is there a way to flash the firmware from Hekate?

https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/extras/updating/

Not that I'm aware of. Hekate can do backup and restoring fw.

If you don't want to keep autoRCM, then I suggest doing this -
Put the latest firmware files in the root of your SD card, boot into hekate, launch atmosphere cfw, launch choidujournx homebrew, flash firmware, make sure autoRCM isn't enabled, Restart.

You would have burnt all fuses up to fw 10.0.1 at this point, and if you were to restore your older NAND which needs a lower fuse count, you won't be able to boot it via official bootloader, only via custom bootloader like fusee primary or hekate will work. If your NAND is clean, you can make a new backup point here with Hekate.

Also I suggest using choidujournx instead of updating OTA because it may be possible Nintendo servers have logged your previous update and redoing it may get the console flagged possibly.

I boot to hekate and enabled autorcm on. Now I then launched the fusee-primary.bin and it boots to atmosphere and then black screen.
Okay, get the latest atmosphere files from github and extract it to your SD card.
You can either launch fusee primary payload, or hekate payload > launch atmosphere.

idanny76

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to load hekate and click on launch and select launch stock and it booted. From there I updated to v10.0.1. Everything is working now.

Not that I'm aware of. Hekate can do backup and restoring fw.

If you don't want to keep autoRCM, then I suggest doing this -
Put the latest firmware files in the root of your SD card, boot into hekate, launch atmosphere cfw, launch choidujournx homebrew, flash firmware, make sure autoRCM isn't enabled, Restart.

You would have burnt all fuses up to fw 10.0.1 at this point, and if you were to restore your older NAND which needs a lower fuse count, you won't be able to boot it via official bootloader, only via custom bootloader like fusee primary or hekate will work. If your NAND is clean, you can make a new backup point here with Hekate.

Also I suggest using choidujournx instead of updating OTA because it may be possible Nintendo servers have logged your previous update and redoing it may get the console flagged possibly.

Okay, get the latest atmosphere files from github and extract it to your SD card.
You can either launch fusee primary payload, or hekate payload > launch atmosphere.

Thanks for the help..... I did get the console banned. Any way to get the Switched unbanned?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: Currently asked for mecha mote iinchou mm my best friend to be translated but I also want to ask...