olimar718

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello here,
So I like the persona serie and I want to enjoy the best version of p4 (p4g) I saw it was compatible with ps tv.
Plus I saw that the ps tv, when buyed new was always on the right version for Homebrew and piracy
Plus the ps tv is 4 time less expensive than the real Vita.
However I know that some vita games aren't compatible with ps tv. Is it a real drawback to the ps tv. Is there any really good game that are normal Vita only ?
So in the end is the the ps tv a good bargain?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello here,
So I like the persona serie and I want to enjoy the best version of p4 (p4g) I saw it was compatible with ps tv.
Plus I saw that the ps tv, when buyed new was always on the right version for Homebrew and piracy
Plus the ps tv is 4 time less expensive than the real Vita.
However I know that some vita games aren't compatible with ps tv. Is it a real drawback to the ps tv. Is there any really good game that are normal Vita only ?
So in the end is the the ps tv a good bargain?
Well if you wanna play games designed for mobile on a tv, then is the only way, no emulator exist and maybe hard to make one with camera support, gyro controls, touchscreen and touch pad and whatever else it has.... augmented reality?

Mostly depends on which kind of games you gonna play. Unless you have henkaku with the whitelist hack, still some games is unplayable like uncharted cause of specific conditions of puzzles required for the system. So that is why the kind of games you plan to play on it is important.

If you wanna play RPG or something like that, sure it works, but puzzle games or stuff requiring heavy use of touch screen or rear touch pad, unless you like using ps4 touch pad or the two analog sticks on ps3, you may have a chance. But games like uncharted has a puzzle that is unplayable unless using real vita. (Short spoiler, one puzzle involve reading a piece of paper, you have to hold the vita system up to a light source to finish the puzzle) Fourth wall breaks like that is impossible on vita tv.

Short answer, hope the game you want has patched to work on tv. Or the games you wanna play are supported properly.

olimar718

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks a lot for your answer. The price of the ps tv is a lot better than the Vita so I guess it's no big deal to not be able to play some games

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a lot for your answer. The price of the ps tv is a lot better than the Vita so I guess it's no big deal to not be able to play some games
You would hardly have a problem of playing some games, just consider the game you wanna play. If any of them requires anything beyond standard controls to play effectively, is most likely not gonna be good for vita tv. Yes vita tv has touch screen emulation with ps4 touch pad or clicking the analog sticks down. But unless you like using those things to emulate a mouse or phone game, is not worth playing. Games with action like tales of heart R, YS memories of cecita, or Ninja gaiden sigma + are more action based, even though it does use touch screen controls, is very minor and not game breaking deal compared to Welcome park or uncharted.

Stick to action or rpg games, anything not puzzle based or 4th wall breaking will be good enough. Even if you do get one for henkaku and use white list mod to make normally unplayable games "Playable" you still have to consider how much of it is playable or even if your coordinated or has dexterity to do those kinds of games. Trust me, point and click stuff on analog isn't fun. I use web browser on my android tv with a controller mouse emulator. ITS TEDIOUS and hand straining. :)

olimar718

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes I understand. And I don't have dualshock 4 and I suppose it worst on dualshock 3. But I guess most of the good game can be played:yay:.

bananapi761

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think it is worth it, Vita games look beautiful in HD, and you can play PSP or PSX games if you want. I would get one with 3.60 and install the whitelist mod (to play games that are blocked) and the USB flash drive hack.

Last edited by bananapi761,

ali_ihsan21

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes I understand. And I don't have dualshock 4 and I suppose it worst on dualshock 3. But I guess most of the good game can be played:yay:.

Compatiblity of games are better with DS3 than DS4 I have both controller and also Vita. That surface on DS4 is like a joke for most of the games. for that purpose DS3 has flying hands just like mouse cursor when you press on analogs which is very practical you can also turn it off from menu. Keep in mind PS TV designed to work with DS3, all the games mappings are on DS3 in options menu.

But on the other hand in very few occasions its functional too, surfing internet, some of the games.

Last edited by ali_ihsan21,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6rI8eXgDxd/?igsh=MWYybHY2YXoyM3I2cQ==