Hacking Question Is switch firmware 5.0.2 hackable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lavaimp

☆ミ
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
i bought an RCM jig from a reliable source, but for some reason it isn't loading rcm mode at all- it boots up like normal. (even when holding power + volume up)
really the only thing i wanted to do was mod a save for a game a little bit which is ultimately why i got the jig (i'd probably only be using it once or twice). but i'm wondering if my firmware is too high for this?
I'm a bit late to this because i didn't think it'd be possible even, so really I just want to know if i should bother with a continued effort towards this.

NightlyParadox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Either:
A) your jig isn't that great
B) try putting the jig in then holding Volume + while plugging it into the cable connected to your computer.

I found from personal experience that mine will only trigger RCM mode if I'm only holding Volume + while I plug it in.

If I try to hold power and volume + while I plug it in it boots to OFW.

Reactions: ccprodigy

ccprodigy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you show a picture of the jig on multiple angles so we can see if you can fix it?

This.

I’ve had issues getting mine fixated in such a way that they work 100% of the time. Upload photos. Maybe the jig isn’t properly contacting with pin 1 and/or 10

Edit: I have four jigs. Two I’ve given away to friends.

stephrk398

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Ebay jig didn't work at first either. I pried up the paperclip tips a little with a pocketknife and then it worked.

zragnarok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man that is a cheap looking jig... I would be afraid the thick gauge metal will bend the contacts in the switch after a few uses

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every switch (to this date) can boot to rcm. Your source is probably not as reliable as you thought :D or you are doing something wrong.
All Switch systems, including the hardware revisions that won't be exploitable, can enter RCM. The new Switch systems that won't be exploitable will still be able to enter RCM. They just won't be able to load payloads via the USB-C port.

Lavaimp

☆ミ
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Man that is a cheap looking jig... I would be afraid the thick gauge metal will bend the contacts in the switch after a few uses
i mean i just wanted something that'd get the job done because i honestly am just going to modify a save file and then probably never do it again until the switch is at the end of it's lifespan

Lil_SpazJoekp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i mean i just wanted something that'd get the job done because i honestly am just going to modify a save file and then probably never do it again until the switch is at the end of it's lifespan
If you have a volt meter, put it in continuity mode or ohm measuring and put one of the probes on a screw and the other on the metal loop on the jig. It should beep or read 0.00 ohms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr