Homebrew Is SliderHax Down?

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How did you install it? I chose a really bad time to downgrade, I've been trying to get sliderhax to work all morning. The only ecploitable game I have is OoT 3D, but no way to actually use it.
I'd say you're probably better off waiting for sliderhax to be fixed. Since what I did was pretty tedious.

I used the gateway menu (browser method) to make a NAND backup and to downgrade to 4.2. Then I installed rxTools with the MSET exploit (you'll need a DS flashcart). I installed FBI over my H&S app, then installed sysUpdater and downgraded to 2.1 (without an emuNAND). I then obtained the OTP and restored the NAND backup I got from gateway. Then I tried launching a different version of RxTools (browser method) to be able to install FBI over the H&S app again, and install the Homebrew Loader app. I then open HBL through the app, and installed A9LH.

Last edited by Supster131,

DangitBobby

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How did you install it? I chose a really bad time to downgrade, I've been trying to get sliderhax to work all morning. The only ecploitable game I have is OoT 3D, but no way to actually use it.
Are you in the same boat as me? I downgraded to 9.2U and ran emuNAND9 and just need to boot AuReiNand to finish. ;-;

Reactions: Games&Stuff

Edgarska

Conjurer of cheap tricks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd say you're probably better off waiting for sliderhax to be fixed. Since what I did was pretty tedious.

I used the gateway menu (browser method) to make a NAND backup and to downgrade to 4.2. Then I installed rxTools with the MSET exploit (you'll need a DS flashcart). I installed FBI over my H&S app, then installed sysUpdater and downgraded to 2.1 (without an emuNAND). I then obtained the OTP and restored the NAND backup I got from gateway. Then I tried launching a different version of RxTools (browser method) to be able to install FBI over the H&S app again, and install the Homebrew Loader app. I then open HBL through the app, and installed A9LH.
Yeah, that seems too involved for me, but thanks for clarifying.

Are you in the same boat as me? I downgraded to 9.2U and ran emuNAND9 and just need to boot AuReiNand to finish. ;-;
Yeah, I was able to downgrade after just 4 attempts with sysupdater so I thought I'd finally get something done without hiccups. I should have known it was too good to be true.

DangitBobby

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any way to fix it or does he need to fix it?

Whoever's hosting the files would need to fix that.

So far it hasn't made it past the error has occurred screen at all. not sure if that's just sliderhax being sliderhax or if your page isn't working either.

It sounds to me like something's not configured correctly. The crashes in the README on the repo assume that it at least changed screen color.

Edgarska

Conjurer of cheap tricks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still getting the "an error has occurred" screen. I'm deleting history and cookies, initializing data, and following the instructions on the browserhax site. Maybe something went wrong during downgrading?

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm still getting the "an error has occurred" screen. I'm deleting history and cookies, initializing data, and following the instructions on the browserhax site. Maybe something went wrong during downgrading?
Have you tried another hax thingy to make sure it's not the downgrade? (I dunno, load some .dats or something)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ... that's rough buddy