Is retroarch my best emulation approach?

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Anakin1138, Jul 27, 2019.

1. Anakin1138
    OP

Anakin1138 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2017
    United States
    Just hacked my Vita this weekend and got retroarch installed. For some classic emulation, is there anything I should look to beyond Retroarch to install and try? I'm mainly interested in NES, SNES, Genesis, GBA and Neo Geo. I'll probably look at Adrenaline at some point to play around with PSX emulation.

Thanks for any advice.

2. bananapi761

bananapi761 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 8, 2016
    United Kingdom
    Norn Iron
    Yes. Once configured properly, retroarch just works. I'd recommend using retroarch playlist buddy to scrape your rom list as using the built in scraper will leave most things incomplete.

3. dragonz

dragonz GBAtemp Regular

Jan 14, 2015
    United States
    Get PFBA, for neogeo, I feel like emulation is better than retroarch and less frustrating to set up.

4. Anakin1138
    OP

Anakin1138 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2017
    United States
    Thanks for the help! I'll start experimenting. For NES, SNES, and GBA, do any of the cores within Retroarch stand out as the best option?

5. bananapi761

bananapi761 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 8, 2016
    United Kingdom
    Norn Iron
    most will work very similarly, but i think the later versions of snes9x (eg, 2010) has better sound emulation.

6. Anakin1138
    OP

Anakin1138 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2017
    United States
    Thanks!

7. ZurvivorZ

ZurvivorZ Member

Newcomer
    Jan 27, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Personally I've had issues with save states on 2010, and 2005 has subpar sound emulation. 2005 GX has both perfect sound and working save states, so I use that.