1. Anakin1138

OP Anakin1138 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Just hacked my Vita this weekend and got retroarch installed. For some classic emulation, is there anything I should look to beyond Retroarch to install and try? I'm mainly interested in NES, SNES, Genesis, GBA and Neo Geo. I'll probably look at Adrenaline at some point to play around with PSX emulation.

Thanks for any advice.

2. bananapi761

bananapi761 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Yes. Once configured properly, retroarch just works. I'd recommend using retroarch playlist buddy to scrape your rom list as using the built in scraper will leave most things incomplete.

3. dragonz

dragonz GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Get PFBA, for neogeo, I feel like emulation is better than retroarch and less frustrating to set up.

4. Anakin1138

OP Anakin1138 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Thanks for the help! I'll start experimenting. For NES, SNES, and GBA, do any of the cores within Retroarch stand out as the best option?

5. bananapi761

bananapi761 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    most will work very similarly, but i think the later versions of snes9x (eg, 2010) has better sound emulation.

6. Anakin1138

OP Anakin1138 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Thanks!

7. ZurvivorZ

ZurvivorZ Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Personally I've had issues with save states on 2010, and 2005 has subpar sound emulation. 2005 GX has both perfect sound and working save states, so I use that.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - retroarch, emulation, approach