Gaming is psardumper essential for installing homebrew?

progaor06

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i read u have to have this to install popsloader if so what does this program actually do does it patch the homebrew so it works or something

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
PSARDumper is used to decrypt the official Sony firmwares - essentially it breaks them down into their component parts so that you can gain access to the bits you want. For popsloader using it is a necessary step to compile all the relevant prx's for each firmware. If you're not going to use popsloader and don't want to fiddle about with trying to spoof firmware versions, don't worry about it.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
basically, PSARDumper allows you to "take apart" sony's Official Firmware Updates. This is useful when you need files for POPSLoader, a plugin for PSOne emulation, and also if you wish to run a game requiring a higher firmware than your CFW e.g. a game that requires 5.03 on 5.00m33-6. However for regular homebrew, you dont need this. If you plan on putting PSOne games on your PSP, then you may need to "dump" a few firmwares for use with POPSLoader, but otherwise you shouldnt need PSARDumper at all.

progaor06

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i plan on using popsloader so do i have to decrypt popsloader or all popsloaders versions out there like 390 372 this sounds like it gonna be pain in the ass to do to play ps1 games.

i read on youtube all u had to do is go to recovery menu plugins hit x on all 3 options for popsloader and it works so who is right and who is wrong

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Need you even ask?

That's exactly how you enable the popsloader plugin, but you need the prx's for the firmware you plan to use for the pops you want...otherwise it'll just freeze. And it's not a very difficult process...get the official firmware that you want for the pops you plan on using run PSARDumper, collect up the prx's you want and discard the rest. Repeat as necessary....it'd take about 5 minutes to do every firmware.

progaor06

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my pandora battery memory stick will be here monday or tuesday.. I found one with all popsloader versions already decrypted done for me!
i got exteneded life battery with 16gb memory stick i have psp slim model 2001 silver so it should work

any essential homebrew besdies vhf memu popsloader and psp tube i should get or have and cwcheat i got that also

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
There's no essential general homebrew....popsloader is handy if you play a lot of PSX games, as i CWCheat for the text reader, but there's nothing that you'd miss by not having unless you had a specific requirement.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo