Hacking Is possible to downgrade the 3ds with this method?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
So theorically this is possible but requires a lot of work.
For me it's a good purpose and if this work will be done by a good dev this will be wonderful.
i may have overlooked something that just whacks a big fat hole in the idea, so i would await more clarification from someone more experienced, as i said though, the whole concept relies on a lot of luck that the 2 systems in question share file offsets, plus it would require a decrypted nand for pretty much each and every FW version/region available (well atleast each 9.3+ FW for each regions,model for it to be actually usable by most people) tbh i doubt most people would find it worth their effort, especially if it turns out that there is too many possible variations in the nand FS between consoles, batches, FW revisions etc

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
i may have overlooked something that just whacks a big fat hole in the idea, so i would await more clarification from someone more experienced, as i said though, the whole concept relies on a lot of luck that the 2 systems in question share file offsets, plus it would require a decrypted nand for pretty much each and every FW version/region available (well atleast each 9.3+ FW for each regions,model for it to be actually usable by most people) tbh i doubt most people would find it worth their effort, especially if it turns out that there is too many possible variations in the nand FS between consoles, batches, FW revisions etc
I find it extremely impractical (if not impossible), for this and other reasons.
Especially considering the entire idea revolves finding and replacing data that both systems have in common.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I find it extremely impractical (if not impossible), for this and other reasons.
Especially considering the entire idea revolves finding and replacing data that both systems have in common.
yeah, if there was still the 4.x FW limitiation, it may have been worth the time and effort, and the person doing all the work could cash in on it and sell 4.x consoles at a profit pretty easily, but with it only being useful for 9.3+ users, and 9.2 or lower systems being pretty much impossible not to find i doubt anyone will go through all the effort involved, worth mentioning though, when i did look at it a good while back it does seem that specific system files do seem to use the same offsets in decrypted nand files would suggest there is hope (assuming there is no big plot hole in the idea that i missed)

not to mention any automated tool that anyone could *theoretically* make would be reliant on pre-decrypted versions of a whole bunch of system titles means anyone wanting to share such info/files would have to do so at their own risk.....that and it requiring a hardmod makes thing even less desirable to the kinds of people who would want such a thing as they blindly update i doubt they are the kinds of people who would be adept at hardmodding consoles to perform said downgrade

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
How does that nand mod company that keeps popping up on here restore a nand without a nand.bin. ? I'm not sure of the company trying to find it but they say they can do it.

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
NB : It is now possible to unbrick any 3DS/3DS™ XL consoles WITHOUT backup of the NAND !!! *new from 26.02.14*
warning2.gif
Forward your console according to our conditions of Shipping & Return.
warning2.gif

Key features :
3DS_blue_screen_alt.gif

warning.gif
Even without dump of the NAND before bricking it is possible to repair the console !
warning.gif

• Unbricking of the console in BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death)
  • Unlocking of the original NAND without "NAND.BIN" backup
  • 1 month warranty
  • Support all versions of 3DS/3DS™ XL consoles

NeoSlyde

Let us start the game
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
France
NB : It is now possible to unbrick any 3DS/3DS™ XL consoles WITHOUT backup of the NAND !!! *new from 26.02.14*
warning2.gif
Forward your console according to our conditions of Shipping & Return.
warning2.gif

Key features :
3DS_blue_screen_alt.gif

warning.gif
Even without dump of the NAND before bricking it is possible to repair the console !
warning.gif

• Unbricking of the console in BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death)
  • Unlocking of the original NAND without "NAND.BIN" backup
  • 1 month warranty
  • Support all versions of 3DS/3DS™ XL consoles
Fake

D

Deleted User

It's not fake. That's the blue screen eMMC lock from the old GW launcher. That just required a quick reset on the flag - which was no requirement for a NAND backup.

That method though doesn't fix you brick via any other method or accidentally updating.

Backups always required. (and should be put in 3 different places.)

Just3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
The encrypted data on each console is via a unique key and that key is most possibly hardcoded to chip. Also, I myself had noticed by comparing two NAND dumps from same console which had only been switched on and off once between the dumps, the size (and hash) of two NAND.bin is never identical. So even if the method you mentioned is theortically possible it would still be impractical.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Eo3Bh06drc