Hacking Is nintendont region free?

fowler002

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i know there are plenty of threads recently about making the Wii up region free(I have mine on cbhc so it's meant to be region free tho I've not tried non-European games yet), however I've also hacked the vWii as I want to be able to play Wii and GC backups.

I have like a dozen or so GC games a few of which are American(inc Animal Crossing, I got it shortly before it was released in Europe tho when I got it there was no official release for it), used to use Freeloader to play them on the GC.

I have a few options to get the backups to play on nintendont

1) the easiest being to just download them

2) get out my hacked Wii and rip them using I believe Clean Rip from what I've read, tho if my understanding is correct you still have to use the PC to put the parts together or something

3) get a DVD drive that can read the gc disks, I've tried putting a GC game in mypc but my current drive can't read it. Then rip them using raw dump or friidump unless things have changed from what I found using Google the other day.

I've read the nintendont and definitive vwii hacking threads(well the main post not most of the replies) and didn't see mention of region free, also I spent a few days dumping and installing my Wii u games using disc2app and wup installer so I'm not adverse to ripping my own games.

Last edited by fowler002,

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, there is a whole sticky thread for nintendont. Don't make new threads asking about it. Post your questions in the existing thread.

fowler002

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Also, there is a whole sticky thread for nintendont. Don't make new threads asking about it. Post your questions in the existing thread.

Sorry if I've bothered you with this thread but I've tried asking questions in sticky threads before, I've got my answer so this thread can be closed/left to sink without a trace like 99% of the threads ever posted on here.

Tho saying that I created a new thread to give me an option to ask a few things if I needed tho the main question was in the title, but again I'm sorry....

Last edited by fowler002,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: