Is Nintendo Lying?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by dnmn8r, Dec 5, 2008.

Dec 5, 2008

Is Nintendo Lying? by dnmn8r at 9:14 PM (1,841 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. dnmn8r
    OP

Member dnmn8r GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Well i sent my wii off to Nintendo on Wednesday, got a reply on Friday. If you don't know or can't remember my problem was that i changed my wiis region, and couldn't change it back since i formatted.
    Anyway they claimed that they fixed my "disc reading problems" by replacing the DVD drive. I don't understand how that would've worked though..
    Ideas?

P.s. : Since its a new drive, how hard is it to take the epoxy off?

2. Mark McDonut

Member Mark McDonut GBAtemp Fan

United States
    It was probably for both yours and their benefit. the newer drives have less problems with dual layer discs (SSBB) and instead of them repairing it twice and shipping it twice, they probably swapped you for a new drive while they had it in their possession to save time and money, along with the whole securing their system from modchips/etc.

3. h_2_o

Newcomer h_2_o Member

United States
    honestly with the softmods doing as well as they are just softmod that sucker.

4. zidane_genome

Member zidane_genome My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?

United States
    Honestly, when they say they replaced the drive, all they did was put a new, or refurbished Wii in a box and shipped it off to you.

It will come with Firmware 3.4, the epoxy covered drive chip, all your save files (minus the TPHack), but no downloaded content (wiiWare/VC)

just hope you can get the TPHack back on for the softmod, or peel the epoxy off the drive chip so you can hardmod it agian.

5. Hitto

Member Hitto MKDS Tournament Winner

France
    I beg to differ, when brawl came out, I had to send my launch wii in, and got a new wii - but no saves. The only thing they bothered to do was re-link it to my club nintendo account.
    So be careful!!
    THANK YOU WANINKOKO for the fucking savegame backup utility!

6. Sorox

Member Sorox Master Firo Soul

United States
    I was going to send my wii into nintendo about 2 weeks after i sold my copy of TP but i didnt send it in because 3.4 came out and i really dont want to have to buy TP again.

7. Defiance

Member Defiance oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...

United States
    Anyone care to explain what an epoxy it?

8. TheWon

Member TheWon GBAtemp Fan

United States
    No I had the same problem. Nintendo fixed it within a week. They replaced the disc drive and sent me back my Wii. AS IS. With Homebrew VC games etc etc on it. After I move certain things to the far right.

If they can just fix the drive or replace it. They will. I swear. When you contact them. It will go to one of the several repair shops. Cali or NY it doesn't really goes to Seattle.

9. dnmn8r
    OP

Member dnmn8r GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    I'm in Australia so i had to send it directly to the only Nintendo center in Aus..
    I'll find out when it gets here i guess...

10. zant

Member zant GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Im sorry but i find that hard to believe. I have an original launch wii with an original ssbb dual layer. I never had a read issue. My friend JUST got his wii, and it would not read the disc. It probably a random issue based on ventilation. My wii had plenty of airflow, so it never really heated up. Never had a read issue (but i have had "memory is corrupt" issues)