Gaming Is NDSi designed for 8 year olds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
I think we are getting a little off-topic... this is not a thread about doki doki is it?

Well topic poster, now you should know the ds has games not for 8 year olds and are geared towards so called "mature" people like you.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow with quick effort the newbie insults the majority of the people on this board with his lack of intelligence on how to decide if a game sucks or not, just because it has a cartoon soft style that offended his lack of gaming senses within 3 minutes.

With just 5 posts, will there be many more after?
biggrin.gif

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Vampire Hunter D said:
Wow with quick effort the newbie insults the majority of the people on this board with his lack of intelligence on how to decide if a game sucks or not, just because it has a cartoon soft style that offended his lack of gaming senses within 3 minutes.

With just 5 posts, will there be many more after?
biggrin.gif

rofl2.gif

He better not insult Starfy....

Scraggles

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xDlmaoxD said:
If you feel that your too old to play "DS games" then get a freaking job and move out your moms house >.>
Find a girlfriend...
The DS wasn't meant to have these gore psp style games, more of strategy, rpg, etc.
Buy yourself a ps3 or something.

I have a job, I have an apartment, and I have a girlfriend!

I never said the DS didn't have any good games. It does lack them. And what the fuck is a Doki Doki? Seriously? Grow up. You nerds aren't asian. You know the tattoo of the asian words you guys are getting? It's probably not what you think it is if an asian did it. http://nathanr.ca/editorials/disgruntled-a...ks-his-revenge/

Seriously guys. Let the japanese have their own culture and stop trying to be japanese.

I'm prepared to be flamed.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all, I'm a big 20 year old guy. I have never been above any game that is genuinely good regardless of how "sissy" or "childish" it may appear at first glance. Here are a few great DS games that you clearly can't appreciate due to the lack of being able to look past childlike story elements-

- Super Princess Peach
- Yoshi's Island
- Kirby Super Star Ultra
- Kirby Canvas Curse
- Dragon Quest Monsters Joker
- Dragon Quest Rocket Slime (too many other people love it for your hate to matter to anyone)
- Starfy series
- Elebits

If you were a truly mature person, you wouldn't mind playing games like these. And if your attitude says anything about your maturity level, you probably aren't even old enough to legally buy M rated games. At any rate, if you aren't mature enough to bring yourself to play games like this, that's just fine. More fun for those of us who can enjoy these games, less for you. It takes much more maturity to play and enjoy a lighthearted game like Kirby at a later age than it does to play an M rated game at a younger age. And in all respects, I'd much rather play Kirby Super Star Ultra or Yoshi's Island over Call of Duty or other similar games.

I assume you also couldn't enjoy classic animated movies made by Disney either. Again, you're missing out, but who cares? Creativity and greatness will be noticed and respected by those people who can appreciate it.

Oh, and to state the obvious- troll topic. What kind of person posts a topic in a DS board attacking the DS? Makes as much sense posting "Final Fantasy 7 sucks" on a FF7 website. >_>

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
*snip
Holay Crap! Your right! If a games from Japan we're trying to steal their culture!

[Ends Sarcasm] I like how you have nothing to say about the actual matter. You went completely off topic to look less stupid but ended up making yourself look more stupid.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like he's also racist as well, attacking the Asian culture. Oh well, this topic is doomed anyways. Maturity is getting harder and harder to find among people these days. *sigh*

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, if we didn't get the game from Japan, we wouldn't have Mario, Zelda, Metriod, Street Fighter, Megaman, Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, Final Fantasy, Fire Emblem, Super Smash Brothers, Donkey Kong, F-Zero, Golden Sun, Starfy, Rhythem Heaven, Earthbound, Dragon Quest, Advanced Wars, Punch Out, Pokemon, Castlevania, Kirby, Chrono Trigger, Harvest Moon, No More Heroes (For mature gamers like you.), Phoenix Wright, WarioWare, Pikmin, Viewtiful Joe, Silent Hill, King of Fighers, Tekken, Guilty Gear, Xenosaga, Professor Layton, Perfect Dark, Star Fox etc.

All we'd be left is with Halo 123891723981723981723891723981723981273 and WoW expansion 12. Enjoy it. I'm not implying that rest of the world has no good games to play. Oh god no. It's just that if none of the games from Asia came around, we'd have a much smaller variety. Not to mention that we'd have barely any games on certain genres.

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
my stupid rant; ignore it:
Wtf? You are insulting my whole country we are asian, but we are not japanese. Asian culture is not just Japan! /facepalm at your ignorance......

And what? Let the Japanese have their own culture? Ever heard of the term globallisation? Japanese learn English, Chinese learn English, Britons learn Chinese, Americans learn Japanese..... cultures are meant to be shared in this century

Ok and what about the games you get to play? The japanese are the main motivation of the game scene. Come on out of the 3 big consoles names 2 are from japanese. The games you play are most likely in one way or another related to japanese.
/end rant

You are basically what i call an ignorant flamebait.

On topic:

Its not that there are little games for teens and adults its just his taste in gaming.

Maybe we should close this thread? His comments are basically flame magnets....

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Lets just leave him with the delusion that his gaming life can survive on just US made game.....[sacarsm] WOW that is a lot of games.... with shovelware galore! The extremely good games like barney, imagine series and dora are all made by USA and not Japan; Japan made such lousy games that don't even make the mark to be classics like Mario, Donkey Kong and Dragon Quest. [/sacarsm]

Tell me about bad games...

Ruri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adults themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence....When I was ten, I read fairytales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."
--C. S. Lewis, ''On Three Ways of Writing for Children''

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Ruri said:
"Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adults themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence....When I was ten, I read fairytales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."
--C. S. Lewis, ''On Three Ways of Writing for Children''

rofl2.gif
great quote

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl: