Gaming Is NDSi designed for 8 year olds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scraggles

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting rather tired of all the games geared towards kids on this thing. I know a lot of kids play it, but seriously? The developers can't put out more games that appeal to a higher age group? I was reading through the forums and I stumbled across a few people stating that Dragon Quest - Rocket Slime was an 'amazing' game. Fuck that. 3 minutes in I felt like I was back in kindergarten and my teacher was reading me a fucking whinny the Pooh picture book.

Where are the games with brains?!(do not say 'brain age')

B

ball2012003

dementium the ward
theres also gta
how about you try dragon quest v
or get a psp if you want big boy games

Lubbo

GBAtemp Veteran Resurgence
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
heh yea i felt the same with rocket slime well i like Super Robot Taisen OG Frontier the new one that just came out i think that is meant for the 'higher' age group and GTA Chinatown wars but those 2 i can only think of off the top of my head

laurenz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Don't judge a game just on it's graphics. Rocket Slime may seem cheesy but the fight mechanism is absolutely great. Also multiplayer is simply awesome.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you feel that Rocket Slime is a game for kindergartners I think you have some personal issues. Perhaps you're one of those 'cool kids' who feel a game needs a few hundred pints of blood, something sharp and pointy, perhaps 10000 rounds of ammo to be good enough?

Rocket Slime got some very high end scores and was pretty well praised for it's quality gameplay, good story, and the depth that came from the slime tank combat.

Perhaps to be cool enough you need to stick with COD 4 and World at War, Brothers in Arms DS, GTACW, Dementium, Moon, Metroid Prime Hunters. Then again there's also Hotel Dusk but that may not be extreme enough.

xDlmaoxD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you feel that your too old to play "DS games" then get a freaking job and move out your moms house >.>
Find a girlfriend...
The DS wasn't meant to have these gore psp style games, more of strategy, rpg, etc.
Buy yourself a ps3 or something.

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Scraggles said:
I'm getting rather tired of all the games geared towards kids on this thing. I know a lot of kids play it, but seriously? The developers can't put out more games that appeal to a higher age group? I was reading through the forums and I stumbled across a few people stating that Dragon Quest - Rocket Slime was an 'amazing' game. Fuck that. 3 minutes in I felt like I was back in kindergarten and my teacher was reading me a fucking whinny the Pooh picture book.

I usually try to be solomonic, let everyone have their own opinion and respect them... But when you make such an ignorant statement, I feel obliged to smack you a bit. Rocket Slime IS a great game. How on Earth can you judge a game based on the first three minutes of gameplay? Heck, how can you judge a game based on its looks? You really need to rethink how you judge games, or anything for that matter.

No, seriously, I would have recommended you some games and even defended you against those who (rightfully) call you names... But, f*** it. I'm tired of people with your holier-than-thou attitude.

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Haha everyone is smacking him for his opinions on Rocket Slime
rofl2.gif
But come on Rocket Slime is great... don't tell me that if a game looks kiddy it ain't fun? What games have you been playing since your youth?

And the DS is not a graphic powerhouse so gore and blood.... unlikely (GTA's blood was just some pixels of red lol)....

But then I think it is geared more towards teens....There are lately more anime and manga styled games on the DS and the games that are good are mostly targeted towards teens; KH 358/2 for example. Except for Ninty games which are supposed to be fun for all top quality games.... but the fun is there; Mario franchise, Zelda, STARFY ftw

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
If DSi is designed for 8 years old
smile.gif
are you trying to say everyone here is 8 years old?

I would say DS is a handheld device for all age! no doubt you will see majority releases are meant for kids but there are some really cool hentai games (you don't even get such games on ps3 or xbox), violent and bloody games!

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
elixirdream said:
If DSi is designed for 8 years old
smile.gif
are you trying to say everyone here is 8 years old?

I would say DS is a handheld device for all age! no doubt you will see majority releases are meant for kids but there are some really cool hentai games (you don't even get such games on ps3 or xbox), violent and bloody games!

Doki Doki is for 8 years old... no doubt
smileipb2.png

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
x.domination said:
elixirdream said:
hmmmm i guess you miss another one
tongue.gif

by the way doki doki 2 is coming
smile.gif

Wow the 8 year olds are going to be happy. Doki Doki is such a great children's art enjoyment
smileipb2.png

It's ONLY suitable for 8 year olds so you old folks stop playing it.

jk

That stuff isn't suitable for man, woman, child, or beast.

TornZero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hop2089 said:
ShinRyouma said:
What do you mean Doki doki 2 is coming? Doki doki majo shinpan 2 (J) is already released.

No there's a third one coming in the 3rd quarter of this year.

*faints*

Doki Majo Plus! If they're making a third game, this series has GOT to be popular.

shatter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
dont stick to ds if u dont like the " childish " games....buy a psp or wait til the new one comes out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol newegg+