Is my Wii completely messed up?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Relle, Jun 6, 2013.

1. Relle
    OP

Relle Member

Newcomer
    May 28, 2008
    United States
    I updated to 4.3U after picking up a free copy of Super Mario RPG from Club Nintendo, figuring that there would be a way to re-hack the Wii. I've so far redone the cios installations, updated all three of my launchers (USB Loader, Configurable USB Loader, WiiFlow) and none of them work. They can't detect my USB flash drive. This is the same flash drive I used when my Wii was on version 4.0, in the same slot.

Wiiflow can't detect anything from my flash drive, USB Loader GX hangs on the "detecting USB drive" part, and Configurable USB Loader just does nothing. I've tried searching out threads of people having the same issues and tried the various troubleshooting that was suggested (reformatted the flash drive to FAT32 with 32KB sectors, installed various cios files, installed other various cios files that supposedly had better compatibility, etc.)

So is my Wii just completely FUBAR, or is there something basic that I missed when I updated from 4.0 to 4.3? Did I need to reinstall something beyond the loaders and the cios files? Or should I just reset to factory defaults and start all over? (and if this is the case, will the system update in increments to new OS versions, or will it skip straight to 4.3?)

2. kehkou

kehkou does what Nintendon't

Dec 19, 2009
    United States
    The Duke City
    Did you make a NAND backup?
    y not did you just do a wad install if you wanted Super Mario RPG so badly?

3. Relle
    OP

Relle Member

Newcomer
    May 28, 2008
    United States
    I don't think so, and I didn't think it would be this troublesome to get it working again.

4. Hielkenator

Hielkenator GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 7, 2010
    Netherlands
    Foxi4 likes this.
  5. Relle
    OP

Relle Member

Newcomer
    May 28, 2008
    United States
    Going to do so today.

6. Relle
    OP

Relle Member

Newcomer
    May 28, 2008
    United States
    ModMii saved me. On a related topic, is there a better channel creator than Crap? It's doing weird things forwarding to Configurable USB Loader.

Hielkenator likes this.
  7. Hielkenator

Hielkenator GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 7, 2010
    Netherlands
    If you use usb loader gx you'll get the benifits of loading games just as it would on a system menu.
    It had full banner support. NO need to use crap if you want the game banner `eye candy".

http://code.google.com/p/usbloader-gui/