Hacking Is my Wii completely messed up?

Relle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated to 4.3U after picking up a free copy of Super Mario RPG from Club Nintendo, figuring that there would be a way to re-hack the Wii. I've so far redone the cios installations, updated all three of my launchers (USB Loader, Configurable USB Loader, WiiFlow) and none of them work. They can't detect my USB flash drive. This is the same flash drive I used when my Wii was on version 4.0, in the same slot.

Wiiflow can't detect anything from my flash drive, USB Loader GX hangs on the "detecting USB drive" part, and Configurable USB Loader just does nothing. I've tried searching out threads of people having the same issues and tried the various troubleshooting that was suggested (reformatted the flash drive to FAT32 with 32KB sectors, installed various cios files, installed other various cios files that supposedly had better compatibility, etc.)

So is my Wii just completely FUBAR, or is there something basic that I missed when I updated from 4.0 to 4.3? Did I need to reinstall something beyond the loaders and the cios files? Or should I just reset to factory defaults and start all over? (and if this is the case, will the system update in increments to new OS versions, or will it skip straight to 4.3?)

Relle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ModMii saved me. On a related topic, is there a better channel creator than Crap? It's doing weird things forwarding to Configurable USB Loader.

Reactions: Hielkenator

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ModMii saved me. On a related topic, is there a better channel creator than Crap? It's doing weird things forwarding to Configurable USB Loader.
If you use usb loader gx you'll get the benifits of loading games just as it would on a system menu.
It had full banner support. NO need to use crap if you want the game banner `eye candy".

http://code.google.com/p/usbloader-gui/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Oj did the Dj