Hacking Is my Wii Bricked?

RetroSpock

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
And if so, can it be unbricked?

It was modded a couple of years ago, I cannot locate any prelininary backups and and I have no idea of what version of what was installed. I do know I had homebrew, and I recently put CFG USB on an SD card. I played a Mario and Sonic At The London Olympics backup, as well as an original of Shrek Third.

I tried to put Shrek back on for my Son today and I was prompted with a black screen.

Is this bricked and can it be unbricked by placing anything on an SD card or disk or some other method?

Thanks

RetroSpock

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes it turns on, the fans blow, you can hear the disk spinning and the light turns green -- doesn't go any further. I've even tried the reset button to get into Priiloader, so I've either done it wrong or it didn't have Priiloader -- it goes from an LG "No Signal" screensaver to a black screen once the light on the Wii is green.

ShadowtheKitty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, there are some suggestions on this page I found: http://forum.wiibrew.org/read.php?22,58682,58864

When you're at that black screen, make sure your sound is turned up and press the A button on your wiimote. If you hear something, then it's just a video problem (could be wrong cables or wii outputting component instead of composite). If you don't hear anything and your Wiimote won't even connect, then it's bricked. There are suggestions for that also on that site.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i once worked on a Wii for my nieces. Needed a new case. All was well, got all my stuff installed like HBC, cIOS, custom channels and so on.

Change the case and BLACK SCREEN. I think I yelled WTF so loud the neighbors heard it lol. Was bugging out, but then remembered I installed Priiloader. Power -> reset and profit! Got in Priiloader, reinstalled everything and all was good. Really weird as I did nothing to brick it but it bricked.

Moral of the story : A Wii can brick with no explanation, I had it happen and the story in that link above indicates the same. Install Priiloader and always check every now and then to make sure its still installed and working.

As far as your issue, it could be the bluetooth module. Since you have no sync'd remotes, you cannot really test, sorry. Try looking into a SaveMiiFrii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Also the wood ui for twl menu is back... +2