Hacking Is my Wii brick proof?

spritefreak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Based on what I have installed (which is listed in my signature) is there any way that I could brick my Wii? If so, what?!?

spritefreak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With a new system menu you mean updating...If that happens, I could still unbrick it based on having Starfall correct?

Also, with the gamma backup launcher, I could play any region game and not brick it right?

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
until bootmii comes out (maybe even with it) removal of the system menu's IOS will result in an instant unfixable brick. (short of an infectus) Also you can still banner brick, although with preloader you can easily recover from it (also with recovery menu booting)

spritefreak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have the hack file still on my Wii memory, although I still have the files for it on my SD card. I have the Homebrew channel installed though.

Posts merged

what do you mean by system IOS removal

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The IOS is a seperate section of the "firmware" if you will. each IOS is used for a seperate purpose for the system. Some run games others run internal items such as the System menu it's self. on your firmware the system menu runs on IOS 30 if I'm not mistaken or you haven't somehow patched it to an alternative IOS. In other words don't mess with something if you don't know what it does and don't know how to use it and you will be just fine. The one thing you will want to make sure of with the games from another region is that you have the patch to bypass any and all disk update checks.... Because that will cause whats known as a semi brick. It's bassically a multi region System menu at that point and because of conflicting settings it will not work as it should............ In other words just use your head and you will be fine.
wink.gif

Phratt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get preloader, and make sure you have the Twilight hack installed, not in your SD, but installed. Because so many people forget to mention keeping the TH installed, I guess I took it out without thinking and bricked my wii. Thank god Target gave me a full refund! =D

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No wii is completely Brick proof, I dont care how you brick proof it, I could give you a wad, that you couldn't recovery from.LOL
I wouldn't do that though

But if you have a nand flasher thats a different story

Phratt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiBlaster said:
No wii is completely Brick proof, I dont care how you brick proof it, I could give you a wad, that you couldn't recovery from.LOL
I wouldn't do that though

But if you have a nand flasher thats a different story

No completely though. It depends on what kind of wad. If it was a banner-brick one, then he can recover easily.If you're talking about some super virus wad, then maybe. But in regular circumstances; for those who don't know all this coding mumbo jumbo, He's pretty brick proof.

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
spritefreak said:
Based on what I have installed (which is listed in my signature) is there any way that I could brick my Wii? If so, what?!?
you are good to go , brick proof means you can recover from a brick or semi-brick and you are in that category so you should be safe
wink.gif

D

Deleted User

By understanding your replies, spritefreak, you're too noob to brick your wii.

I'm fukken serious.

Skarface05

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Afif95: What makes you able to decide if he is to new to hack/brick his wii? We all went along this road once.....We all had to learn from someone/somewhere. Now, give the guy a break and just help him along and give him the best advice you can.....Not telling him that he's to NoOb to brick his wii....

Be Nice....
tongue.gif

D

Deleted User

WEll, if doesn't know what's a system ios removal, I do think he'll ask here first lol.

Nevertheless, you're pretty much brick-proof kid, well, at least for your knowledge that is

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp +1