Question Is my Switch savable?

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Gaster, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Gaster
    OP

Gaster Member

Newcomer
    Apr 16, 2017
    Germany
    Probably somewhere
    Sooooooooooooo
    I downgraded my switch following https://guide.sdsetup.com/usingcfw/manualupgrade and i got an atmosphere error when botting up. i tried restoring my backup but hekate couldnt find the files. I tried booting up atmosphere again but nope. wentr back to hekate disabled AutoRCM and pressed normal startup. then i realised my mistake. now when trying to boot up my switch it doesnt even give me any logo and it isnt booting into rcm either. Is there anyway to save my switch?

2. PHiLiPZ

PHiLiPZ GBAtemp Regular

Mar 8, 2019
    Slovakia
    Without hekate it’ll chceck number of burnt fuses which seems to be higher than your current low firmware allows so it´s expected not to boot.

If you were once able to access RCM and push payload, you can always do it, it’ a hw thing which you can’t remove in software (believe me, Nintendo would love to do it if they could). No need for panic, go to RCM using a jig, enable AutoRCM. To restore backup your files (boot0 boot1 rawnand.bin) need to be in a sd:backup/numbered folder/restore. Good luck.

Budsixz likes this.
  3. Freeze1919

Freeze1919 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 18, 2019
    Australia
    I have never heard of a brick having an impact on RCM. My guess is your switch has no battery. Charge it for a couple of hours, then attempt to send a payload in RCM, then go from their. Because you have no Autorcm don't forget the basics procedure, JIG&Volume +&power 3 seconds, send your payload. Unless you have dropped a brick on it(literally bricked your switch), their should be no reason not to be able to get into recovery mode.

4. Gaster
    OP

Gaster Member

Newcomer
    Apr 16, 2017
    Germany
    Probably somewhere
    It could be that my switch isnt charged however i doubt it as it still had around 30% when i downgraded. i kept it chargin throughout.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Ill charge it for a bit and then tell you if something changed.

Freeze1919 likes this.
  5. Freeze1919

Freeze1919 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 18, 2019
    Australia
    Make sure to send the payload from a computer, don't use a dongle. That way you can get feedback weather your payload has been sent and if your properly in autorcm.

6. Budsixz

Budsixz GBAtemp Regular

Oct 27, 2018
    India
    try to press and hold power button for 20 seconds and then try to go to rcm mode after that

Full Metal likes this.
  7. eyeliner

eyeliner Has an itch needing to be scratched.

Feb 17, 2006
    Portugal
    Connecting the switch to thy kamputer, do you hear the "badong" when a usb device is connected?
    Then it's in RCM.
    You don't?
    Then it's off.
    Press the power button with it plugged in to thy kamputer.
    Post results after.

8. Gaster
    OP

Gaster Member

Newcomer
    Apr 16, 2017
    Germany
    Probably somewhere
    alright i got it in rcm again. Buds tip worked. now i need to find a way to run atmosphere on 6.1.0 or get my backup working.