Is my Switch hackable and using which way?

legolas119

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hi, i would like to sell my Switch in order to buy the OLED one. But my current console has a serial number still hackable (XAJ4-002....) and before to sell it i would like to know if it could be modded easily without risk to be banned...My switch is updated to the last fw version. I could use the OLED version with original fw and online functionalities and keep this one only for hacked games/emulators,without using the online funcionalities (I only need updates for the switch games).
1) how can i mod it without risk to be banned?
2) is the Team Xecutes SX Pro stil available and is it a good choice?

if the risk to be banned is high, i will not mod it and i will selll it with original fw, i don't want any risk to be banned :)

thanks

Aheago

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi, i would like to sell my Switch in order to buy the OLED one. But my current console has a serial number still hackable (XAJ4-002....) and before to sell it i would like to know if it could be modded easily without risk to be banned...My switch is updated to the last fw version. I could use the OLED version with original fw and online functionalities and keep this one only for hacked games/emulators,without using the online funcionalities (I only need updates for the switch games).
1) how can i mod it without risk to be banned?
2) is the Team Xecutes SX Pro stil available and is it a good choice?

if the risk to be banned is high, i will not mod it and i will selll it with original fw, i don't want any risk to be banned :)

thanks
https://ismyswitchpatched.com/

Use that site to check if its patched, and use emunand for everything/all things if you dont want to be banned"

Dont use anything from TX it isn't supported anymore

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no point. SXOS is no longer maintained, supported, or updated. OP is just going to run into more issues sooner rather than later
It's easy to use SXOS for HDD loading. You CAN set up a second EmuNAND and run all 3000+games SXOS is compatible with off your HDD, that you already own. That IS the point. Massive storage. Cheap. I am not suggesting OP use it always, but you CAN have both. . Please stop talking in absolutes like your way is the only way. Thank you. Let the OP decide what is worth it. a 8gb emunand to access terabytes on my hdd is well worth it.

Reactions: viper3344

Aheago

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's easy to use SXOS for HDD loading. You CAN set up a second EmuNAND and run all 3000+games SXOS is compatible with off your HDD, that you already own. That IS the point. Massive storage. Cheap. I am not suggesting OP use it always, but you CAN have both. . Please stop talking in absolutes like your way is the only way. Thank you. Let the OP decide what is worth it. a 8gb emunand to access terabytes on my hdd is well worth it.
Sure it might be easy. But as more and more games get updated to need 12.0.0 its just not feasible

No point in OP learning an outdated and obsolete method if hes just going to need to move to atmosphere in a few months unless he just doesn't want newer games

Ratatattat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It only took 3 monthsof frustration for me to finally get out of Atmosphere black screen hell and get it running on sysnand 11.0.
I want to go to 13 but what I've found is that the information is scattered all over and so much misleading info basically I'm afraid to try. If you do go to Atmosphere be careful as my original sysnand was 4.1 and got inadvertently upgraded to 11.0 with fuses burnt. Not saying Atmosphere is not the best route just saying that for newbees it can be hell if you don't know all the ins and outs. Theres really no guide to go from 11.0 to 13.0 with updated Atmosphere and Hekate that fully works or so I haven't found it.

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure it might be easy. But as more and more games get updated to need 12.0.0 its just not feasible

No point in OP learning an outdated and obsolete method if hes just going to need to move to atmosphere in a few months unless he just doesn't want newer games
3000+ games already work , its just an archive. you keep your old games on it. it makes perfect sense. It is easy to use. My 6yo nephew gets it. It is an option. I am writing a tutorial...

i can get you up and running, 2 hidden emunands. Switching between Atmo and SXOS without hassle through a tesla overlay.

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It only took 3 monthsof frustration for me to finally get out of Atmosphere black screen hell and get it running on sysnand 11.0.
I want to go to 13 but what I've found is that the information is scattered all over and so much misleading info basically I'm afraid to try. If you do go to Atmosphere be careful as my original sysnand was 4.1 and got inadvertently upgraded to 11.0 with fuses burnt. Not saying Atmosphere is not the best route just saying that for newbees it can be hell if you don't know all the ins and outs. Theres really no guide to go from 11.0 to 13.0 with updated Atmosphere and Hekate that fully works or so I haven't found it.
its as simple as find a dump of the update (I dumped it from my updated sysnand). then update atmosphere and hekate on the sd. make sure the hekate_ipl.ini (people always seem to ignore this file in guides even though its the most important) is updated to the new format as well as sigpatches or just use this link to handle them both for you https://gbatemp.net/threads/sigpatches-for-atmosphere-hekate-fss0-fusee-package3.571543/ . after that its as simple as installing the update dump in daybreak

Last edited by deathblade200,

Ratatattat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its as simple as find a dump of the update (I dumped it from my updated sysnand). then update atmosphere and hekate on the sd. make sure the hekate_ipl.ini (people always seem to ignore this file in guides even though its the most important) is updated to the new format as well as sigpatches or just use this link to handle them both for you https://gbatemp.net/threads/sigpatches-for-atmosphere-hekate-fss0-fusee-package3.571543/ . after that its as simple as installing the update dump in daybreak
So basically download 13 firmware, latest Atmosphere, Hekate and zip from link above. Install Atmosphere, Hekate and above link zip. This will add correct patches and correct hekate_ipl.ini. Then launch into Atmosphere and using daybreak install 13 firmware. Do I need to clean sd card beforehand? Do I need latest key.txt or prodinfo, etc?

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So basically download 13 firmware, latest Atmosphere, Hekate and zip from link above. Install Atmosphere, Hekate and above link zip. This will add correct patches and correct hekate_ipl.ini. Then launch into Atmosphere and using daybreak install 13 firmware. Do I need to clean sd card beforehand? Do I need latest key.txt or prodinfo, etc?
you don't NEED to clean the sd even though people love to suggest to remove the atmosphere folder I find it causes more problems than it fixes especially because some apps store files in the contents folder. no you don't need to mess with keys unless you are dumping the firmware yourself you would need to dump the sysnand keys for that. as for prodinfo you shouldn't have to change anything but id check with tinfoil (or any other app that shows the info) after rebooting to make sure. yes you are correct about everything else.

Reactions: Ratatattat

Ratatattat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you don't NEED to clean the sd even though people love to suggest to remove the atmosphere folder I find it causes more problems than it fixes especially because some apps store files in the contents folder. no you don't need to mess with keys unless you are dumping the firmware yourself you would need to dump the sysnand keys for that. as for prodinfo you shouldn't have to change anything but id check with tinfoil (or any other app that shows the info) after rebooting to make sure. yes you are correct about everything else.
Thanks for your help

Reactions: deathblade200

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night