Hacking Question Is my switch banned?

AnotherSky

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty new with cfw and so I've probably made a bunch of dumb mistakes but I'm trying to figure out if I've already been console banned/if there's a way I can avoid being banned.
Basically the other day I accidentally connected to the internet without 90dns active, I was only online for about a minute before fixing it but since then I've been getting the error 2124-8007 anytime I try to go online.
The only info I found on something similar recommended restoring a clean NAND but when I started reading up on how to do that I realized that I had accidentally updated my switch when trying to open a game a few days ago, so my NAND is the wrong version.
Am I already banned and if not is there any way I can go online again without being banned?
Would doing a factory reset remove any evidence of homebrew so I could check if I'm banned or would that just increase the risk of being banned?
I would really appreciate any help, I just don't know if it can be fixed and I don't want to make things worse.

Itsuki235

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The error code 2124-4007 means "The use of online services on this console is currently restricted by Nintendo.”Edit:

2124-8007 might mean something different. But just in case...

Welcome to being banned my friend. You are in good company.

Edit2: Just in case... you checked to make sure you are or are not banned while on sysnand without CFW running and without 90 DNS right?

Because if you are checking with 90DNS enabled, getting that error message is sort of the point of 90DNS.

Last edited by Itsuki235, , Reason: as above
Reactions: Nashan67

jajamundo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is not a banned code error. Probably you are fine

Try to set up a emunand and have all your CFW Stuffs, games, etc in there. Use sysnand for all your online

AnotherSky

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, now it's not turning on or booting to RCM, the screen is just black...
Thank you for the help anyway. I'll have to see if I can get it working at all.

Kimarnic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Yeah, i don't get the "online is restricted" error message, i get "couldn't connect to the nintendo servers" error. You're probably banned lol even connecting to the internet for 0.0001 seconds will get you banned, clever Nintendo.
Welcome to being banned, sell your online only games because you're never playing them again (i had to sell MK8D and SmUsh :( )

Kimarnic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
You know that you can use lan play?
I guess there is probably like 5 people banned online, and it would get tiresome playing with the same 5 or 10 people.. Unless I'm wrong then i would be happy to buy Smash again since i miss playing online

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Yeah, i don't get the "online is restricted" error message, i get "couldn't connect to the nintendo servers" error. You're probably banned lol even connecting to the internet for 0.0001 seconds will get you banned, clever Nintendo.
Welcome to being banned, sell your online only games because you're never playing them again (i had to sell MK8D and SmUsh :( )
It doesn't happen immediately though.
MK8D and Smash are not online only games. In fact, they are much better played locally.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: