Gaming Is my SLIM hackable?

nickbaker50

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a used psp-2000 for christmas and I have no idea if it is hackable. It is silver in color. System software is Verssion 5.03. In the game tab t the button there is a choce that says "PSPtm Update ver 3.95". If any more info is needed I can post it.

kai445

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nickbaker50 said:
But is there a specific way to tell? I don't want to brick my chrsitmas gift.

If it's not pandora exploitable, your Magic Mem Stick wont boot... so no way to brick it. Plus no risk of bricking a pandora-exploitable psp as far as I know of... I've recovered a messed up PSP with pandora.

Just do it.

anaxs

got milk, got candy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
BoxShot said:
You could just run ChickHen and boot up pspident which tells us the motherboard type you have. Then find that list that tells which mobos are hackable and unhackable.

newer mother boards are proably not hackable which causes a problem
since he got the psp on christmas it means its new so its highly likely that he has a newer otherboard which is unhackabale so you should try waht BoxShot is saying, its probably the safest way

wyndcrosser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was it new? If not, since it's probably on 5.03 it may have been hacked and someone dropped it back down to 5.03 via pandora.... if not use what boxshot said.

nickbaker50

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you guys for all your help, i'm going to try to FLASH it. My memory stick is coming in the mail. Ill try chickenhen then. This topic can be closed/ignored till it fades into oblivion..=]

EDIT:
I just relized how badly I misworded that!

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
blink.gif
You want to brick it!?
mellow.gif
If it's unhackable it's bricked forever. .... Or at least until someone finds the pre IPL for the newer mobos or you send it to Sony and they probably will give you a refurb.

nickbaker50

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just thought of something. The memory stic im getting is the magic one or whatever that is used for hacking. Will chickhen go on that?

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ChickHen goes on any memory stick. A MMS is just a memory stick with the pre-ipl injected and has time machine and despstar del cementrio (don't know how to spell it) on it. Not much a difference from a normal one except that fact it can used as a MMS with a pandora. You can turn it back to a normal memory stick without the pre-ipl by just reformatting it.

nico445

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
you could check the datecode on the back but not every psp has that. behind the battery there's a datecode mine is 8b so i was lucky if your datecode is 8b or lower it's hackable is it 8c or higher your screwed

nickbaker50

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have ChickHEN and pspident on my pc. If I understand correctly then all have to do is copy these to the root of my mms and run my psp WITHOUT the pandora battery(aka just use the battery that came with my psp)?

Also from the guides I have been looking at it keeps msaying stuff about the black piano verson. Mines silver so I don't think any of that applies.

Finally I just relized my psp still has the barcodse on it. It's used, but I don't think it is very used.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Considering it takes a Pandora I'd say its hackable just from that since all the unhackable PSPs don't take them.

Colour does not matter only model and motherboard (1000,2000, 3000) so yeah, run ChickHEN and PSPident, if your Mobo is TA088v3 or higher your PSP is only half-hackable.

nickbaker50

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I've been reading about partial hacking. The only thing Isee is that with PHA you can't run isos. So really not a big problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end