Hardware is my sensor bar port fried?

J-Machine

Self proclaimed Pog champion
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I have a launch deluxe wii u and it randomly freezes which I put off as being buggy software.

now it seems I can no longer sync anything that isn't the tablet gamepad and the infrared sensor bar is not getting any power since I can't see the purple lights via a camera (the bar works as it will display the lights when plugged into my wii also when I say I can't sync anything I also mean pressing the sync button does nothing anymore no matter how I press it.)

whats going on and do you think it needs repairs? still in warrenty but I dont like tech support in most cases

P

pasc

Actually I think you should just mod it to draw power from a USB Port /Buy a USB powered Sensorbar

OR:

Buy a battery powered one (sucks in my humble opinion.)

=> If it is "only" your sensorbar port that is fried.

Also:

Ain't you lucky Nintendo just released Wii U Gamepad Wii Off TV Play ?

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would definitely contact Nintendo tech support, sounds like something inside has gotten fried somehow (power surge?)

J-Machine

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Actually I think you should just mod it to draw power from a USB Port /Buy a USB powered Sensorbar

OR:

Buy a battery powered one (sucks in my humble opinion.)

=> If it is "only" your sensorbar port that is fried.

Also:

Ain't you lucky Nintendo just released Wii U Gamepad Wii Off TV Play ?
if I can't sync a wii mote or wii u classic pro, i cant even enter wii mode...:(

Anyways I talked to nintendo. they want all my controllers, both my sensor bars, and the wii u + gamepad. oddly they don't want the power bar which I thought would be good to test in case my machine did get a part fried. I've babied it though and I never have things plugged in if i'm aware a storm is coming, instead opting to use a 3ds or read. I also have it hooked up to a hundred dollar surge protector and will unplug it if I know I wont use it again the next day. so that said it' either a manufacturing defect or the power bar isn't working well I'd think.

I guess i'll find out soon enough. till then i'll just finish ff6 and hope they don't mess with my digital content.

thanks for the help everyone. if you need help with anything lemmie know and i'll try to return the favour.

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would definitely send it to nintendo and take advantage of that warranty.

Did you mod your vWii however? Seems people have not had problems getting service for their console when doing so but technically if you mod it you void your warranty and they could refuse service. They used to refuse to service Wii's that had been modded. I personally would try to erase any obvious signs of softmod before sending it it...but then again I have chosen not to mod my WiiU until my warranty expires.

The only time I have had freezes is from Lego City Undercover...that game is great but seems to have some bugs.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if I can't sync a wii mote or wii u classic pro, i cant even enter wii mode...:(

Anyways I talked to nintendo. they want all my controllers, both my sensor bars, and the wii u + gamepad. oddly they don't want the power bar which I thought would be good to test in case my machine did get a part fried. I've babied it though and I never have things plugged in if i'm aware a storm is coming, instead opting to use a 3ds or read. I also have it hooked up to a hundred dollar surge protector and will unplug it if I know I wont use it again the next day. so that said it' either a manufacturing defect or the power bar isn't working well I'd think.

I guess i'll find out soon enough. till then i'll just finish ff6 and hope they don't mess with my digital content.

thanks for the help everyone. if you need help with anything lemmie know and i'll try to return the favour.

I would not send them ANYTHING except what was included with the Wii U.

J-Machine

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would not send them ANYTHING except what was included with the Wii U.
I plugged it in before I was going to purolator to get it shipped out and everything worked fine. well after the second attempt where I got freezed out on the sync menu. If anything they get the system and that is it as I have verified everything can work intermittently. besides 2 sensor bars, 3 controllers is excessive when they should have their own. i'm believing its the psu now though so they are getting that whether they want it or not (they didn't)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.