Is my Pokemon Ruby authentic?

Discussion in 'GBA - Console and Game Discussions, Help and Tips' started by RockyusRigbyus, Sep 28, 2018.

1. RockyusRigbyus
    OP

RockyusRigbyus Member

Newcomer
    Aug 31, 2018
    United States
    I recently bought a Pokemon Ruby cartridge from my local game store, it looks legit but I want to make sure it is before I invest a ton of time into it. I don't have the means of opening it up right now and I haven't beat my Pokemon Platinum yet so I can't see if it lets me migrate to it. It doesn't have a those numbers by the Pokemon logo so that scares me a little. Here are the photos. IMG_20180927_225526. IMG_20180927_225557 (1).

2. zfreeman

zfreeman GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 9, 2013
    United States
    Pennsylvania
  3. RockyusRigbyus
    OP

RockyusRigbyus Member

Newcomer
    Aug 31, 2018
    United States
    Does that mean that the lack of the embossed number is fine?

4. zfreeman

zfreeman GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 9, 2013
    United States
    Pennsylvania
    It's a possibility the machine just didn't hit it hard enough during manufacturing, but the sticker could be a very good reproduction. The PCB seems to match up, though.

5. RockyusRigbyus
    OP

RockyusRigbyus Member

Newcomer
    Aug 31, 2018
    United States
    I also forgot to mention that when I load the game it says that the battery is dry, I've heard that fakes don't have batteries does that make it legit?

6. THEELEMENTKH

THEELEMENTKH GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 31, 2016
    Spain
    My genuine, bought on release Emerald cartridge says the exact same because the battery has ran out of power due to time, so that message doesn't mean it's fake

7. RockyusRigbyus
    OP

RockyusRigbyus Member

Newcomer
    Aug 31, 2018
    United States
    Yeah I know, I'm just wondering since I heard that fakes don't have batteries and this one seems to have one does that make it legit?

8. shadoom

shadoom GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2009
    Taiwan
    It might be authentic but it's not accurate.
    Jk
    Seems real enough to me when compared to supposedly real cartridges

9. RockyusRigbyus
    OP

RockyusRigbyus Member

Newcomer
    Aug 31, 2018
    United States
    If I peel back the sticker will I be able to see the inside of it without opening it?

10. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolf-husky™ Embrace yourself

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Many moons away
    The battery being dry isn't uncommon, my Emerald is legit (bought in person from WalMart shortly after launch) and the battery is dry. Everything about your cart seems legit to me from the pictures (without having personally opened it to inspect it, that is.)

11. RockyusRigbyus
    OP

RockyusRigbyus Member

Newcomer
    Aug 31, 2018
    United States
    Great news! I peeled the sticker off a little bit and saw the inside of it, I can confirm that it's legit! No black blob! :)

Last edited by RockyusRigbyus, Sep 28, 2018