Is my Old 3Ds XL bricked?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by RyanCoolReal96, May 26, 2017.

1. RyanCoolReal96
    OP

RyanCoolReal96 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 15, 2016
    United States
    Hi! I was trying to update my 3ds from a9lh to boot9strap. I was starting section 4, but my 3ds would not boot into the luma chainloder menu. I saw that the stable release does not include the menu, so I updated to the latest hourly with the latest version of luma3dsupdater. When it said it finished, it shut down. Now, when I turn it on, the blue light turns on for a second then turns off. What should I do? Is my console soft bricked? Hard bricked? Any help is appreciated.

2. Pyra

Pyra do we have an official quilava mascot yet?

May 7, 2017
    United States
    Ohio, USA
    There's not a valid boot.firm. If you used LumaUpdater, delete "boot.firm" and rename "boot.firm.bak" to "boot.firm".

If you didn't use it, just download the latest release of Luma and drag the "boot.firm" file into the root of your SD Card.

Sent from my SM-G360T using Tapatalk

proflayton123 likes this.
  3. B_E_P_I_S_M_A_N

B_E_P_I_S_M_A_N oh no

Jun 7, 2016
    United States
    Sixth Circle of Hell
    Also, the Luma Chainloader menu should work. Are you holding down START when booting the 3DS?

4. RyanCoolReal96
    OP

Newcomer
    Feb 15, 2016
    United States
    Yes

5. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    The latest hourly does not work guys. Until it is safe to use the hourlies, please just use the latest stable version of Luma.

6. RyanCoolReal96
    OP

Newcomer
    Feb 15, 2016
    United States
    I restored file... now boots, but cannot get into chainloader