Hacking Is M3 Sakura replacing M3 DS Real?

yokomoko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was about to get a new M3 DS Real but I just read about the M3 Sakura. Is there going to be a new Sakura flashcart for the US market or are we just getting the Sakura loader over here? I really don't wanna invest in a new DS Real and have it be obsolete in a few months(you know like how the Simply was no longer supported once DS Real came out). So is it safe to go ahead and get a DS Real, or should I wait a while for a possible US Sakura flashcart?

Thanks.

Jaems

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
As far as I know, the M3 Real and M3 Sakura Cart are both basically the same thing, since both run the Sakura OS anyhow.

But I could be wrong.

DarkRey

still transfoooorming.... with sum lags!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
is just same nothing different
the sakura flash card is an m3real with sakura firmware on it, (kinda like that)

sakura is the latest firmware from the m3 team, its been released in japan only but some genius gbatempers have managed to translate it in english.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=89197

get m3real

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
What both of them said
smile.gif

M3 Real and M3 Sakura are same carts, there are only few design differences, Sakura loads microSD from the side..
But Sakura is Japan-only cart!

We had a group of few people here who worked on translating it and hacking, so we have english version (until official one is released)..

You can check my sig for a link to the last version download!

Just get yourself M3 Real (if you can, get the Perfect bundle)..

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Be careful though there are some M3 REAL FAKES out there!

these are R4/TTDS clone cards in disguise!

check out the M3 adapter website here for more information and some images of REAL M3 cards
smile.gif

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
ahtin said:
The M3 Sakura firmware release soon, the official translating have beed started
they just started? O_O
Unless they're planning to translate it into several other languages, I don't see why translating would take so long. We've already got unofficial English, Spanish and German translations of Sakura.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Densetsu3000 said:
Joe88 said:
ahtin said:
they just started? O_O
Unless they're planning to translate it into several other languages, I don't see why translating would take so long. We've already got unofficial English, Spanish and German translations of Sakura.

well its hard work using CHARACTER MAPS to do each letter/word you know!! lol
nyanya.gif
smile.gif

and these people get PAID to do this!?

Dunno why they cannot just ask GBATEMP translation team if they mind using the hacked translation if they credit them in the files/ README or bung them a few cards or £££/$$$/€€€ (insert their desired currency here) for using their hard work ... It would save em a lot of time lol
smile.gif

cornaljoe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kobykaan said:
Dunno why they cannot just ask GBATEMP translation team if they mind using the hacked translation if they credit them in the files/ README or bung them a few cards or £££/$$$/€€€ (insert their desired currency here) for using their hard work ... It would save em a lot of time lol
smile.gif

They actually did! After a few lols and other comments, the request was erased and never spoken of again.

Darminator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The M3 real is the same as Sakura card, just that the sakura firmware was far superior to what comes with the Ds real initially. But with the lack of improvement thus far on the Sakura side of the firmware, it is not worth keeping up with any more... The M3 real is pretty much garbage, slow, and has limitations that make it pretty much a garbage card. The only think that kept me from tossing mine thus far was sakura firmware. But like i said, it is now lacking and well, just not worth it anymore. M3 was 'okay' when it first came out, but now is just pathetically behind the pack. Not even mentioning the crack down going on with the R4, and the M3 being made in the same place! What might happen there, who knows? If you are smart you will avoid the 'bad' cards (yes they all 'work' just a couple far better than others, and most way worse.) and get a 'great' card. Things seem to be changing fast tho, so the great card balance may soon shift.

As for a 'good' card the SCDS1 is okay, not great, but okay. Try them all for yourself if you like, i did.

ahtin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Densetsu3000 said:
Joe88 said:
ahtin said:
they just started? O_O

I think they need a long time is because of they dont want it unofficial support other cards again....

Lord Kanti

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
M3 Real kicks ass. don't waste your time and money with cyclos if you're not rich. Use the money saved to get a nice 8GB tf SD. hell use the extra cash to take a female out to buffet or something, who knows you might just get lucky.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Densetsu3000 said:
laugh.gif

Exactly my thoughts Densetsu3000!

It took us less then a week to hack it, translate it, visually change it and make an official english .ipk guide!

cornaljoe said:
kobykaan said:
smile.gif

They actually did! After a few lols and other comments, the request was erased and never spoken of again.
Yeah, I was pretty much mad at the people who reacted like that at the request, because it was all people who had nothing to do with the translation!
And you most of you didn't know that I contacted them, and we talked, we gave them permission (people who worked on translation) to use our translation, and we gave them permission to use that guide translation as an official translation if they wish!

As for their post, it wasn't deleted by others, but by themselves!
wink.gif

They didn't wanted to cause any flamewars or anything, so they erased it soon after the request is posted..

QUOTE(ahtin @ Dec 1 2008, 10:45 AM)
I think they need a long time is because of they dont want it unofficial support other cards again....
Yeah, that was my guess right from the start....But anyways, it's been really a long time since they released it, and if they don't add RTS and some of those "features" it won't be good!

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
ahtin said:
I think they need a long time is because of they dont want it unofficial support other cards again....I hope they're adding RTS for NDS ROMs and removing the need to reboot after going into the GBA ROM settings. Oh, and homebrew compatibility
rolleyes.gif

Lord Kanti said:
M3 Real kicks ass. don't waste your time and money with cyclos if you're not rich. Use the money saved to get a nice 8GB tf SD. hell use the extra cash to take a female out to buffet or something, who knows you might just get lucky.I agree with the following inequality:

Opposite Sex > CycloDS
Opposite Sex >>>>>>>>>>> CycloDS

QUOTE(Toni Plutonij @ Dec 1 2008, 04:38 AM)
It took us less then a week to hack it, translate it, visually change it and make an official english .ipk guide!
cool.gif

superbob

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Densetsu3000 said:
I hope they're adding RTS for NDS ROMs and removing the need to reboot after going into the GBA ROM settings. Oh, and homebrew compatibility
rolleyes.gif
+1 !!!
A "in-game text" could be nice too, but it may be a lot to ask ...

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
they could also be translating the other tools that come with Sakura like the Check disk tool that's currently only usable in Japanese
frown.gif
and also the image viewer.

powerpuff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys REALLY need to remember that the "M3 TEAM" is a couple guys in Hong Kong who have day jobs and families and do this crap in their spare time because it's fun to hack systems. They probably also have a presence as a completely different team making Wii mods, XBox mods, whatever.

"These guys get PAID to do this?"

If by "get paid" you mean "make a couple bucks for every unit sold" then sure. Think about it - we're a vocal but SMALL community. There have probably only been a few thousand M3's sold total. If those guys got $10 per... that's not a lot. Certainly not enough to live on.

So cut them some slack.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.