Is it worth upgrading xbox HDD?

Blakejansen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a softmodded xbox that I modded back in the 60s, I ended up replacing the stock HDD with a 320GB IDE drive. Before this I tried using a sata to IDE converter but it wouldn't detect my disc in Chimp so I just called it a day. Is it worth buying a bigger HDD? How many games can I realistically expect to fit into 320GBs. I am also looking into buying an RGH xbox 360 so with that being said would my money be better spent elsewhere? Thanks frens.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Just stick with the current HDD until you start having issues.

Make sure though to keep a backup of the C drive (both stock and hacked), NAND and any saves in case the HDD fails.

Also, if your model is a 1.0-1.5 remove the super capacitor if you haven't already as that will leak.

Blakejansen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just stick with the current HDD until you start having issues.

Make sure though to keep a backup of the C drive (both stock and hacked), NAND and any saves in case the HDD fails.

Also, if your model is a 1.0-1.5 remove the super capacitor if you haven't already as that will leak.

I have no idea how to do that. What happens if it leaks?

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
I have no idea how to do that. What happens if it leaks?

The chemical is corrosive so it can damage the system.

If it hasn't leaked then it's relatively easy to remove, haven't done it myself (since I have a 1.6 revision) but there are guides such as these:
https://www.reddit.com/r/originalxbox/wiki/clock_capacitor/

Just make sure your specific hack you used is not susceptible to the clock boot loop.

Edit:

Again, check your revision first, the 1.6 is supposedly not affected by this issue.

Blakejansen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The chemical is corrosive so it can damage the system.

If it hasn't leaked then it's relatively easy to remove, haven't done it myself (since I have a 1.6 revision) but there are guides such as these:
https://www.reddit.com/r/originalxbox/wiki/clock_capacitor/

Just make sure your specific hack you used is not susceptible to the clock boot loop.

Edit:

Again, check your revision first, the 1.6 is supposedly not affected by this issue.

I used the splinter cell exploit to originally mod it. Krayzies Nure installer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-