Hacking Is it worth to update vita from 3.52 to 3.60

terminator1983

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it worth to update vita from 3.52 to 3.60 now or should I wait until psp kernel exploit comes to play psp game.

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk

hirvimies

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Can't you use the email-exploit on 3.52 to get TN-V or ARK? No need to wait for it to arrive with Henkaku.

terminator1983

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I am using TN-V and ark but on 3.60 I am looking to use other features like the package installer etc

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
it depends what you want to do?

for example if you like playing PSP games and want to play them now. Just wait. If we get a new hack/whatever you can update to 3.60 on a later date.

it all depends on you.

Reactions: terminator1983

demounit

Trophies
XP
Country
honestly I'd wait. if you've already got yourself setup on your current fw just chill there until 3.60 gets everything you've already got.

Reactions: terminator1983

Madobe Ai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thread was made before Vitamin dumper was leaked.
Just got myself a pre-owned oled console with the infamous 3.52

Wondering if people see it worth upgrading, even if vitamin dumps are not always perfect

Speighty1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I was in the same situation, I eventually updated to 3.60 and haven't regretted it at all, being able to use vitamin and install games is awesome.

For my psp fix I just purchased a used 3003 psp and bought a misco sd pro duo adaptor and a 64gb misco sd card, I then installed 6.61 infinty cfw.

Reactions: Graham182

Fugelmir

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there a, even if so brief, comparison of what the two offer?

Henkaku offers a lot of customization and control over the Vita's internals, PS Vita game "backups," excellent support for a large number of retroarch cores (SNES plays pretty much perfectly), mod support for some games and more to come in the future. Can run HBL as well for a lot of psp homebrew. PSP and PS1 games are not supported yet though.

3.52 is EPSP exploit which allows PSP backups and homebrew.

It comes down to the question: are psp backups really important to you? If so, stay on 3.52. Henkaku is waaay better. though.

Reactions: Madobe Ai

Madobe Ai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks, this info really makes the decision a lot easier.
I only got my vita yesturday morning, so I was very much unsure what is around the scene, except I knew I was on a version that was seen important at some point.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)