Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TTDS is equal to R4 in features and stuff. If you're going to upgrade, upgrade to a CycloDS Evolution or something, but unless you need SDHC there's no point in going from an R4 to a TTDS.

Darkon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was under the impression that DSTT was better than the R4 from the GBATemp Official Reviews. Didn't the DSTT pass most tests that the R4 didn't?

c2ironfist

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What is the point of having 8 carts? Did you have a ton of kids and they all need one? I can see having two, three tops. But 8?

lol I have no clue why I bought so many... I usually buy two at a time just in case I get one DOA. but 8 cards not sure lol.
I do like to test them out and compare though... thats why I like to have at least one of each flashcard

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
There still isnt a perfect card.

R4 has a nice menu, but doesnt support sdhc.

TT supports sdhc, but has a spring in the sd slot so it can break easier than the r4 and the menu only shows 4 games at once.

but for the price and availability i think the ttds is a nice alternative to the r4ds, i opened 1 cartridge and the build quality is real nice, maybe even better than the r4ds.

NeSchn

Swag.
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
I think im in a need of a new one (DS-X user here...), Im ordering mine tommarow.

Its not that I hate the DS-X I want something that I can rely on updates and not brick my card, That is why I have never updated it. And I also, want a card that is not abandon by its creators.

c2ironfist

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got my cyclos evo black in today... I've been testing it out its a nice card but there are gripes about it..

I'll write out a nice report soon when I have time.

Things I noticed was the initial load time in the begining that was different from other flashcards. Build quality is good but I just hate the micro SD sticking out of it about .5mm out.

But the GUI is pretty fast. I'll write in more later
smile.gif

Bigbacon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got a dstt yesterday. I havn't tried anything but some roms but so far its work 100%.

the usb card reader that comes with it is really poor. I am only able to get to work 100% on one machine. I tried it on about 4 computers.

I'm using a 4gb kingston card with it.

Trying to figure out moonshell now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.