LA96£
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hey everyone, I was recently thinking... Is it actually worth buying the Ipod Touch?

I've had plenty of bad times with apple devices back in the past but the Ipod Touch was recently getting to me haha. I know of jailbreak and apps you can do with it but I just feel like getting something new at the moment...

I've had this for a good ol' three years now and I still love it but sometimes, I just feel a bit outdated haha.

Give me your thoughts!

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
You should definitely get one. Whether you want to wait or not is up to you though; a new one is coming next month (along with price slashes to clear out old inventory). However, there probably won't be a jailbreak ready for the iPod touch 4G.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
happy.gif
Hopefully, I'll be able to tell you tomorrow. I recently traded my PSP 2000 for a 8GB 2nd GEN iPod Touch, and it should be here by tomorrow.

sprogurt

Trophies
XP
Country
Bought a 2g 8GB for £60 on ebay ^.^ amazing! I retrieve my feeds in the morning, have a few mangas on there, facebook, ebuddy, parkour help, a cat translator and binaral beats. Then there's music but to be honest i don't think I'd use it as much as I do if i didn't jailbreak it. Really opens it up and allows you to customize it.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All my thoughts are here, but I'd say it's worth it if you can get it for a cheap price. Also depends on whether or not it fits your needs. It's a nice device to fill the gap between a cellphone (not a smartphone, mind you) and a computer or laptop.

If you want something plainly for music playing though then there's better devices. But this is good for general utility and media being able to do games, music, video, internet, etc, all in your palm.

DarkShadow96

LA96£
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Interesting since the fact everyone loves the Ipod touch.

My bad experiences with Apple was with the first gen Ipod where it got a hard drive failure.
Second one was with my Ipod video where it would constantly malfunction saying it couldn't read the drive lol.
Third time was with my other Ipod video where the battery would last for only... 3hrs on max charge...

So yea, that's why I was sort of contemplating on this one. Also, which Gen has the speakers for Ipod Touch? It's the 3rd Gen?

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
The iPod touch 2G and later have the crappy built-in speaker.

When you're shopping for an iPod touch, note that the "8 GB iPod touch 3G" is not an iPod touch 3G; it's an MC-model iPod touch 2G. (The difference between the 2G and 3G hardware-wise is the speed.)

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I've been thinking of getting one, but I'll probably buy a smart phone in the near future that will have a lot of functions this baby would have.
+ I want to see the next generation first.
If I see a cheap one though, I'll buy it, but they are too expensive IMHO.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/5eLWoy0fFkc?si=1vvQ_2zAUlF1ThoD