Homebrew Is it too late? (USB loader question)

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,506
  • Replies 6
D

Deleted User

OP
The problem:

We all know it is much more reliable to backup our games onto a hard drive than keep them as discs. So you can imagine me trying to hurry up and add USB Loader GX and Wiiflow. I downloaded the IOS's, backed up my Wii U, and did everything you're supposed to. It was going quite fine until I got to the format part. When I chose my hard drive, I used the hard drive I used before learning to hack. I plugged it into the Wii u and started saving all my stuff onto it because the Wii U has limited memory. Now, when I plugged my hard drive into my laptop, the computer recognizes it, but I can't see what's in it! What's more, WBFTS (or whatever it is called) can't format it! And obviously, USB Loader GX and Wiiflow don't detect the hard drive.

What I want to do:

What I want to do right now is backup all my data that was saved onto my hard drive (or put it all on the Wii U's memory if possible), format it, put all the data back and backup my games to it. Forgive me if I sound like an idiot if this is not possible, I just follow what everyone says about hacking :/

What should I do? Is it too late and I need to get a new hard drive? Or is there a way around this? Please help!

I watched this tutorial:

My hard drive:

https://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Expansion-Portable-External-STBX1000101/dp/B008R7FC74

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just repartition the disk if you want to use it again as a regular PC/Wii/Vwii hard drive, as said devices don't understand (encrypted) WiiU disks (I use the word disks because you cannot only use single partitions for WiiU)

Yes, you probably want to backup the saves first, for example with Saviine :)

And yes, you will need 2 disks for WiiU and Vwii, until FAT32 drivers are added to WiiU cfws AND/OR Wii VC injection is figured out and you'll choose to use that instead of Vwii usb loaders!

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just repartition the disk if you want to use it again as a regular PC/Wii/Vwii hard drive, as said devices don't understand (encrypted) WiiU disks (I use the word disks because you cannot only use single partitions for WiiU)

And yes, you will need 2 disks for WiiU and Vwii, until FAT32 drivers are added to WiiU cfws AND/OR Wii VC injection is figured out and you'll choose to use that instead of Vwii usb loaders!
I won't go for two partitions or even drives as Dimok stated most of the work for Wii U's FAT32 support is done and he's only figuring out some smaller issues.
Just use one drive with one big FAT32 partition (according to this guide) and wait patiently for the Wii U games. ;)
If you can't wait for a very few to play them online, just install these few to sysNAND.

D

Deleted User

OP

That was a great explanation. Only problem is, I'm a complete idiot. Can you help me out and explain it to me in idiot terms? I am not the best with this kind of stuff. Also, I'm trying to only backup Wii games, not Wii U. So sorry if this is very annoying :(

Jbrighton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had heard that winhiip could transfer games to the Wii hdd. Granted I know you can elseways too so it may not be aby help but a neat availability.. also if running any program be sure u run as admin. Be suprised how often that will get ya.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited by Jbrighton,

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
For backing up Wii games just use a FAT32 drive connected to the upper back slot and USB Loader GX to dump games.
On PC use Wii Backup Manager Build 78 to manage games on HDD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzmdrobXH34