Is it the software, or...?

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by codezer0, Aug 30, 2011.

Aug 30, 2011

Is it the software, or...? by codezer0 at 12:07 AM (724 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. codezer0
    OP

Member codezer0 Gaming keeps me sane

United States
    Just been trying to play through RE:DS with my DStwo on my 3DS here. Simply, there are quite a few rooms wherein the performance really seems to slow up. Load times in particular with picking up any given document/file within the game also seems to just take forever. It just seems weird because thus far, the lag only happens while scrolling through in-game documents, or in certain rooms. But it becomes very apparent.

Is this normal for this game? Could it be an issue with the card? the EOS? the rom? or simply it being on my 3DS instead of a DS(i) ? [​IMG]

2. Terminator02

Member Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

United States
    sounds like your microSD card is cheap

3. thela_kid

Member thela_kid GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Indeed. going through a lot (a looot) of microsd cards, I know now that you get what you pay for. Just because it says class 4 or class 10, if it's not name brand like sandisk or kingston ect. then it's crap. It'll die soon or just be plain unreliable.

4. codezer0
    OP

United States
    This problem is only happening with RE DS, for one. I've tried two different versions of the game already thus far, and while the second improves on it somewhat, it doesn't totally eliminate the problem.

Again, this is the first time this has happened, and thus far seems to be the only game where it is happening.

5. thela_kid

Member thela_kid GBAtemp Regular

United States
    the card is probably fine for other games but not this one. what brand is your microsd card? i know that my class 4, third-party card lags like a mofo in platinum

6. codezer0
    OP

United States
    Mine is a Patriot 8GB Class 4. It's the only 8gig microSD I have, and right now I have to stick with it until I start getting paid with my new job. [​IMG]

7. someonewhodied

Member someonewhodied Lazy Person

United States
    Class 4 8gigs don't seem to work for me very well. I've tried multiple brands. So I just stick with my 4gig class4

8. codezer0
    OP

United States
    4gig is not enough to store what I have. Even now, I've only a few hundred MB's left on my 8gig... and if I could, I would have made the jump to 32GB class 10 by now.

9. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    had a discussion with YWG about the wood firmware. we were talking about read/write speeds of micro sd cards. after some testing he told me that the sandisk 4gb he had has the slowest read speed when compared to some other name brand cards (including smaller and larget sizes, different classes, etc). name brand doesn't fully matter. also consider how kingston's are often sold and rebranded by other companies, so you could buy a good brand and it ends up being a chinese made kingston that has very poor read speeds. not to mention that kingston and sandisk are often cloned, pirated, and copied.

@codezer0: make sure you formatted the card with the panasonic formatter. this formatter will correctly allocate card which will result in better performance.

for me the best micro sd cards have been the japanese kingstons and the transcend class6 cards.

-another world

10. codezer0
    OP

United States
    Always used it since discovering it.

It's one reason that I wish I had a faster-class microSD I could use in this thing. Moving that much content plus the loaders and homebrews gets to really suck on some of my slower class cards. [​IMG]