Is It Still Worth It?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by BesutoYoriBeta, Aug 4, 2011.

Aug 4, 2011

Is It Still Worth It? by BesutoYoriBeta at 2:44 AM (3,042 Views / 0 Likes) 38 replies

1. BesutoYoriBeta
    OP

Newcomer BesutoYoriBeta Newbie

United States
    As you know, the 3DS will soon have a price drop. From $250 to $170. But would you buy it, if you haven't already? Think-bad browser, poor 3D angling... Think it through, is it worth it? [​IMG]

2. machomuu

Member machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    Yes.

/thread

3. Lacius

Member Lacius GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Is it worth it now? No, not in my opinion. When it has better games? Absolutely.

4. Jugarina

Member Jugarina GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Not worth It to me, I am not tempted to buy one even with the price drop. I am saving for the NGP

5. iluvfupaburgers

Member iluvfupaburgers FUPA Luva

Ecuador
    wow, really? your first post is flaming the 3ds? in my opinion, yes, its worth it, i got it aready and i have to say its a pretty good handheld device. many people say it sucks, but come on people, it has only been 6 months since it came out, what the hell do you expect from it, to have 5000 games already? which 90% are not shovelware? come on people be real, i am hating all these topics about 3ds. f***, if you really frigging hate the 3ds, dont friggin buy it, let the others get it if they want it. i have seen the psp psn store, and 3ds e shop. and i have to say, 3ds seems like its going to be better, this is alot more stuff to download comparing to psp in that time (psp has more but the system has been out 5 years or so already!!!) i dont know what people are expecting the 3ds to do. poop money? grant you 3 wishes? friggin people

6. BesutoYoriBeta
    OP

Newcomer BesutoYoriBeta Newbie

United States
    Wow, lots of responses!

7. machomuu

United States
    Only a couple, actually. Also, there is no 3D angling, it's not at an angle.

8. KingVamp

Member KingVamp Great... AETHER!

United States
    Nothing wrong with the browser and viewing angle window isn't that hard. Do you even have a 3DS?
    inb4NGPVS3DSdebate.

I can only feel though, that this is a troll thread. Is it?

Oh and yes.

9. Tom Bombadildo

Contributor Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip
    United States
    Sure is! It'll be nice and ready for all the sweet games coming out soon.

10. MigueelDnd

Member MigueelDnd GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I think there have been plenty of threads about this...

11. relminator

Member relminator GBAtemp Fan

Philippines
    Wow 2 posts!
    [​IMG]

12. sarkwalvein

Member sarkwalvein GBAtemp Addict

Argentina
    Bad-browser is ok, if I wanted to browse I would get a netbook, iPad clone or so.
    Poor 3d angling is annoying, but I don't care that much.

What makes a handheld system worthy is its software library, and in that aspect it's still not worth it.

At $250 it was overprived, at $170 it would be OK if it starts to get good games already, but being that the best game available in the system is a fucking N64 port...oh, 'remake', sorry... well, things doesn't look good.

Being the Nintendo fanboy I am, I've already bought it, even if I knew what I know today I would've bought it anyway, because I have a nonsensical faith that Nintendo and 3rd party will bring great software at some point, but until some of those hoped-to-exist great games become available, sincerely, it's not worth it.

EDIT: Anyway it's not worse than the PSVita case, oh please, their so 'great' ideas for software is in the line of adding touchpad controls that doesn't fit into an action game and talk about it like it's some kind of revolutionary idea after it being seen in the DS for years, no, that's not good. They have stuffed a lot of input methods, copying their competitors, along with the best gfx hardware they could stuff in, again, just like they did with the PSP, and no thought went into what way it would be used by the software, evidently, that's not looking good, they seem so out of good ideas, if they just try to port games from high-end consoles it will go bad just again.

Of course I'm giving an example about an specific game (aka Uncharted), but no other game looks even passable.

13. machomuu

United States
    The browser's actually pretty good.

14. wolffangalchemist

Member wolffangalchemist This is bat country!

United States
    it's worth it for OoT3D, SSFIV3D and RE: Mercenaries with the price drop right now. the main titles that are upcoming i am waiting for are Tales of The Abyss(assuming Bamco doesn't fuck us all over again), MGS: Snake Eater, and the SMT titles.
    if i need a browser for internet i'll use my android phone or my computer, contrary to popular belief i don't think we need devices that only do everything, on a note tho it's not like Nintendo can't update the browser later on seeing as it's software and not hardcoded to the device.
    i'll be getting a NGP/Vita latter on anyway not like i have to make this some sort of competition, just got to save a little money to get the best of both worlds that's all.

15. Decooter

Newcomer Decooter Member

United States
    With the slew of amazing games coming out by the end of the year it's most definitely worth $170. Hell, it's worth $250 which is why I bought it at that price. So many good games coming out in the near future.

16. Costello

Administrator Costello Headmaster

everyone, don't buy it !
    if the sales are still terrible nintendo might drop the price even lower
    I'm buying when it's under $100 [​IMG]

(second degree post)

17. Decooter

Newcomer Decooter Member

United States
    Or maybe they'll kill the system if they keep losing money and dropping stock from poor sales.

Good plan.

18. ShadowSoldier

Member ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    Browsing on handheld game consoles is stupid anyways. And the poor 3D angling? Um... k?

I paid $190.00 for mine at Wal-Mart and bought Zelda too, and I have to say this machine is great and worth the purchase before it's too late. Face Radiers is fun as all hell and the overall fluidity of the handheld is amazing.

19. darkranboria

Newcomer darkranboria Advanced Member

United States
    It's not worth it compared to Vita. I'm sad cuz I had to go get one and now probably won't get a vita.

20. dickfour

Banned dickfour Banned

United States
    Maybe I'll by one if Nintendo stops treating the US market like some backwater where they can throw us scraps while releasing much of the good stuff for the much smaller Japanese market. Nintendo has a large world market that they rely on for most of their sales so they should think about rolling out world wide simultaneous releases on titles they know will sell well especially on a new system with few titles.