nameist

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi!

I am new to the Wii-Homebrew-Scene and I hope somebody can help me with my problems.
I have already read some of the stickies and I think I unstead the guides and I am ready for the installation.

But before I change anything on my Wii I want to have a warranty that I can restore those changes.
My Wii is one of the newer versions, so I cannot install Bootmii with the Boot2-installation.
So the only thing i can do is to install the IOS-version of bootmii.

Now my question: Is it save to restore a nand-Backup (which I made before I install the Trucha-Bug-Restorer or other things like this)
with the IOS-version of Bootmii if the Wii isn't bricked?

If it isn't, I think I should wait for a nand-Emulator...

I hopy someone can help me.

greets
nameist

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't think it'd be worth the risk to try to restore with the IOS version. You can restore any changes you make without restoring a NAND though. Even if you do restore the NAND, while it would revert it back, you'd needlessly lose any save data or vc games you bought or any progress you made on anything in the time you had the stuff on it.

Just keep track of everything you do to your Wii so you know what you would need to do to change it back to normal. For the Trucha Bug Restorer, you can just install a normal up to date IOS36 over the patched one. Channels you install can be uninstalled with the same wad's used to install them (don't uninstall IOS's wad's you installed at all though.) cIOS's can be deleted with AnyTitleDeleter. And the HBC and bootmii can be uninstalled with the hackmii installer.

Just keep reading up on things so you really know what you're doing and you shouldn't come across any problems. You can still install preloader to prevent any banner bricks and such, not doing anything stupid should prevent any other bricks.

tanis698

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes you can restore a nand of bootmii as a ios BUT if anything goes wrong you are screwed. preloader will work just as good since you can't install as boot2.

S

squall_leonhart

Well I was able to install it as Boot2, currently still running on 4.0E, and only have installed HBC, and DVDx. I have not yet installed any cIOS mIOS files (since I am still reading on them), what I would say is and what I personally will do is make a NAND backup everytime you modify your WII (ofcourse not after each and every thing you installed) keeping multiple different NAND files somewhere safe of various updates, so if something goes wrong you can go to the previous NAND instead of losing all the work and things you purchased. That is just my idea, as how I am gonna attempt to mess around with the files

nameist

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thx for the answers you really helped me
smile.gif
I have decided to install the homebrews without the boot2-bootmii-version.

But before i start installing i have 2 new questions^^. OK the first one: I think it is a good idea to only add one cIOS and not change the official IOSes. Sp do you think I could restore the official IOS36 (via DOP-ios) after I installed a cios with the modified IOS36 from the Trucha Bug Restorer? (My Wii is on v4.2) or is the modified IOS36 important after I installed a cIOS?

And the second: because I have a Wii with firmware 4.2 the IOS249-Slot is blocked by a stub IOS (I don't want to delete the oficial IOSes). So I want to install my cIOS on another slot which isn't blocked, for example the IOS254-Slot. I that possible? Also can I force Neogamma to load backups by using the IOS in slot 254? and if i can't force Neogamme is there another backup-launcher in which you can choose the IOS which is used by it?

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1st question: TECHNICALLY all official IOS's had the trucha bug to begin with (before 3.3) so you're not REALLY doing anything to IOS36 that it didn't officially already have before. You probably could just restore it afterwards if you want, but I forget what else might need it, I think you might not be able to use AnyTitleDeleter or install preloader if you revert it back to normal. It doesn't really do much harm keeping it as is though. Restoring the trucha bug =/= making it a cIOS. Also having more cIOS's doesn't hurt you. Installing Hermes' cIOS's to IOS222 and/or 223 only add to compatibility with things. (Also note those IOS slots were stubbed with 4.2 as well so you would have to delete those first as well).

2nd question: No you can't install it to any other IOS. The stubbed IOS's aren't "official" IOS's. Delete them and install the cIOS's. Nintendo purposely stubbed those IOS's for the sole purpose of getting rid of cIOS's, they have absolutely nothing official about them that is necessary. And deleting a stub IOS does nothing bad anyways because it's already a stub and virtually useless for anything but a placeholder.

If you had a fat ass tree stump in the middle of your backyard and had a new tree to plant, would you just plant it somewhere else in a dark corner because you don't want to hurt the stumps feelings or would you just replace the eyesore of a stump with a new tree?

nameist

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks again! You helped me a lot
smile.gif

I hope I don't ask too much, but before I begin the installation, I want to ask 2 more short questions (to be sure that i don't get any conflicts):

1. What is the best filesystem for the SD-card? (for compatibility)

2. Is there a programm which I can use to see my current installed IOSes with their versions and which don't need any cIOS installed? (I want to see all version of my official installed IOSes before I install any custom cIOS or modify a official IOS)

Ok I hope you can help me and I think these are the last question I ask before I begin the installation^^

ShinyLatios

Not Quite There Yet
Trophies
Website
www.eonaegis.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I can't answer that, in fact i have a bootmii question (boot 2)

will it load up the bootmii menu everytime i start up my wii? cuz i dont want to enter everytime
hate2.gif

i just want it to back up my files once a week...

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Kajdan said:
I can't answer that, in fact i have a bootmii question (boot 2)

will it load up the bootmii menu everytime i start up my wii? cuz i dont want to enter everytime
hate2.gif

i just want it to back up my files once a week...
If you dont want bootmii to loader every time, just rename the bootmii folder on your sd card to something else, and went you want to use bootmii just rename it back to bootmii.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
nameist said:
Thanks again! You helped me a lot
smile.gif

I hope I don't ask too much, but before I begin the installation, I want to ask 2 more short questions (to be sure that i don't get any conflicts):

1. What is the best filesystem for the SD-card? (for compatibility)

2. Is there a programm which I can use to see my current installed IOSes with their versions and which don't need any cIOS installed? (I want to see all version of my official installed IOSes before I install any custom cIOS or modify a official IOS)

Ok I hope you can help me and I think these are the last question I ask before I begin the installation^^

1. FAT

2. I don't think you really understand what a cIOS is yet. A cIOS is just an official IOS, patched with a dip module and installed to an unused IOS slot in the 200's, There's only two different types of cIOS. Waninkoko's and Hermes', Waninkoko's installs to IOS249, Hermes' installs to either IOS222 or 223 or both depending on what you tell it to do. These have absolutely nothing to do with whatever other IOS's you have on your system. They can both be installed without interfering with eachother. The only thing they need is the trucha bug in order to install in the first place, which is what the trucha bug restorer is for which put's the trucha bug back in IOS36. These cIOS's also have the trucha bug, so once you get it installed, you can use IOS249 (after installing Waninkoko's cIOS) to install any other wad's or anything else that needs the trucha bug.

Installing these cIOS's won't hurt your Wii nor will touching IOS36. Pretty much the only thing that will brick you is stupidly messing with your system menu IOS's without knowing what to do with them (generally the ones ending in 0 such as IOS30, 50, 60 and 70) Just don't install stubbed versions or of those or uninstall them while your system menu is running off of them. The only moderately dangerous thing related to cIOS's at all is cIOSCORP. That basically turns all of your actual official IOS's into cIOS's so it's entirely different from a normal cIOS installation. Just don't mess with that for now, anything else cIOS related will be fine.

And not that it really matters as I said, but if you run dop-IOS and scroll through all the IOS's, it will tell you what version you have if you have the IOS at all and what the most recent one is and allow you to install it (and will let you patch the trucha bug in it if you so choose, which isn't really necessary for any other IOS's.) but you will need to at least trucha bug IOS36 again first with the Trucha bug restorer to use dop-IOS MOD or install Waninkoko's cIOS to use the regular dop-IOS. So pretty much you're going to have to do it either way regardless of what you have on your system so you might as well just do it.

nameist

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hmm now i tried to install all the homebrews. All worked until I started Any Title Deleter MOD v6b to delete the stub 249 IOS. When starting it it reported an error:

Initializing Filesystem driver...OK!
Wiping off fingerprints...
- Deleting ticket file /ticket/00000001/00000000.tik...
Ticket delete failed (No ticket?) -102
- Deleting title file /title/00000001/00000000...
Error! ISFS_Delete(ret = -102)

Checking system region...

Pulling Sysnebu TMD...Error! ISFS_Open (ret = -102)
Reading TMD failed!
Error! ES_OpenContent (ret = -1017)
Region detection failure! 0
Conf region: 2

I used my patched IOS36 with sig hash check and ES_Indentify Patch. I also have a PAL Wii (Firmeware 4.2E)

When I select the IOS249 I get this error:
Title id_ 00000001-000000f9 (IOS249)
Error! ISFS_Open (ret = -106)
Are you sure you want uninstall this title? (A = Yes, B = No)
(I push A)
- Deleting ticket file /ticket/00000001/000000f9).tik...
Ticket delete failed (No ticket?) -102
- Deleting title file /title/00000001/000000f9...
Error! ISFS_Delete(ret = -102)
Press any key...

When I open Dop-IOS I can see that the 249 IOS is still there!

I really hope somebody can help me
frown.gif

EDIT: Ok I solved the problem! Now I installed AnyTitle Deleter MOD v6 NOT v6b .. I still receive error -106 instead of -102 but now it worked and can delete the stub IOS249 yeah
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-