Apple Is it safe to upgrade my jailbroken 3.2 ipad to 4.2?

metamaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It is safe because you won't get a brick, but you will lose your jailbreak. Currently, the only way to jailbreak an iPad on 4.2 is Redsn0w, and it is tethered (you need to rejailbreak everytime you turn on your iPad, resprings don't count). But apparently there will be a new untethered jailbreak before Christmas. If you update while you have your SHSH blobs backed up, you can always just downgrade (good if you just want to try 4.2).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Not doing that
    +1
    Gift
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    i am making progress in the "handling rage" better department, i 100%ed celeste and i didnt break anything
    +1
    Gift
  • Xzi @ Xzi:
    celeste not designed to create rage as much tho rofl
    +1
    Gift
  • Xzi @ Xzi:
    but i love me some dark souls
    Gift
  • Xzi @ Xzi:
    cannot fucking wait for elden ring
    +1
    Gift
    everytime someone says a celeste level was so hard that they had to turn on assist mode my ego goes up a bit
    +1
    Gift
    does anyone here have gbatemp
    Gift
  • MightyJAK @ MightyJAK:
    I don't understand the question. "Have"? as in, owning the the website?
    Gift
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I have gbatemp
    Gift
  • Gift
    now you can rep this site wherever you go!
    Gift
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Have been for the past 5+ years ;)
    +1
    Gift
    also holy shit i realized you can click the @ next to names in chat to tag users, how did i not notice this before
    Gift
  • Gift
    me when someone asks me who made the song "Runaway"
    +1
    Gift
  • MightyJAK @ MightyJAK:
    Anybody here got a GDEMU?
    Gift
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I got a (presumed) clone from Aliexpress, but haven't installed yet
    Gift
  • MightyJAK @ MightyJAK:
    I've got a clone, it works fine, but I can't get it to play nice with my SDcard reader.
    Gift
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    like an sd card slot extension thing?
    Gift
  • MightyJAK @ MightyJAK:
    Yeah, to load from (and save data to) an SD card plugged into the serial port.
    Gift
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    You test that extension thing through a regular usb reader on your pc? Could just be a shit one. Bought one for my 3d printer and it just straight up doesn't work
    Gift
  • MightyJAK @ MightyJAK:
    it can't be plugged into a USB reader (it's made from a regular SD card to USB adapter, but with the USB end modded to a Dreamcast serial plug)
    Gift
  • MightyJAK @ MightyJAK:
    It was working fine before I installed the GDEMU, but now the Dreamcast doesn't recognize it when I boot up Dreamshell.
    Gift
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    ahhh I gotcha. yeah haven't looked at it that much so I'm not super familiar with the hardware
    Gift
  • MightyJAK @ MightyJAK:
    Can't find any threads about this particular issue on GBAtemp or the wider intarwebz. Saw one video on YouTube that seemed relevant, but it was some dude with the same issue, no solutions offered in the comments. :/
    Gift
    MightyJAK @ MightyJAK: Can't find any threads about this particular issue on GBAtemp or the wider intarwebz. Saw one...