Homebrew Is it safe to update my 3DS with custom firmware?

Genevieve

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My 3DS keeps asking me to do a system update. My current firmware is 11.6.0 (N3DS) and I have custom firmware installed (LumaCFW, FBI, BootNTR, etc). Is it safe to update?

I don't want any of my firmware/downloaded titles to be erased or for my system to be bricked. I also don't want to be prevented from downloading more custom firmware extensions in the future, so even if the update is safe will it allow me to continue to mod my 3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My 3DS keeps asking me to do a system update. My current firmware is 11.6.0 (N3DS) and I have custom firmware installed (LumaCFW, FBI, BootNTR, etc). Is it safe to update?

I don't want any of my firmware/downloaded titles to be erased or for my system to be bricked. I also don't want to be prevented from downloading more custom firmware extensions in the future, so even if the update is safe will it allow me to continue to mod my 3DS

https://3ds.hacks.guide/faq

Q: Is it safe to update CFW SysNAND?
A: Yes. This is safe, stop asking about it.

Yah, no one reads the manual, but you should look over the other stuff you might have missed from 3ds.hacks.guide in case you later run into other common how-to scenarios.

Reactions: Taffy

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have B9S and Luma3DS installed, then yes, it is perfectly safe to update. As others have said, you might have an outdated system title installed, and that's what will be updated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.