Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
chris888222 said:
d00dleFace said:
Arent mario games (I like the main series) too childish for a 14 year old guy ?
*facepalm*

Nobody is too old for games.

I'm 22 and I still play Mario.

Other than Mario of course, there are others I didn't mention. Kid Icarus, Fire Emblem etc.
Most of my friends think they are more mature if they ONLY PLAY Shooter games, poor them, lol.
Not to mention the console wars and that the Wii (maybe the entire Nintendo company) is completely useless in their opinion.
Of course, I can buy an xbox or ps3 and play those games, they are great too, but they are like graphics-obsessed-fanboys.

some1ne

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
chris888222 said:
d00dleFace said:
chris888222 said:
QUOTE said:
I'm worrying about this possibility because I got the DS in 2005 (phat), and one year later they released the DS Lite.

Unless he was lying, here. I got to agree with him though. It's roughly the same size as the lite yet it packs a lot more.

QUOTEI hope i can buy all those games, They are expensive here in Brazil
Try importing from Amazon USA or Play-Asia? But at least you're interested.
Arent the taxes for international delivery a bit high ?
As far as I know, some games at Amazon are priced pretty low. The thing you'll need to pay is shipping.

I'm not that sure about other taxes as it differs from country. Over here for such small items tax isn't required.
Taxes for games in Brazil are completely expensive. For example, a game costs $30-$60 in the USA. The same game costs about R$160-R$250 here in Brazil. I paid R$250 for NSMBWii
hate2.gif

U$1 = about R$1,6
You do the math.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
d00dleFace said:
chris888222 said:
d00dleFace said:
*facepalm*

Other than Mario of course, there are others I didn't mention. Kid Icarus, Fire Emblem etc.
Most of my friends think they are more mature if they ONLY PLAY Shooter games, poor them, lol.
Not to mention the console wars and that the Wii (maybe the entire Nintendo company) is completely useless in their opinion.
Of course, I can buy an xbox or ps3 and play those games, they are great too, but they are like graphics-obsessed-fanboys.

Your friends are casual gamers, at best.
Not listening to their terrible opinions would be best.

Reactions: 1 person

some1ne

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Hells Malice said:
d00dleFace said:
chris888222 said:
d00dleFace said:
*facepalm*

Your friends are casual gamers, at best.
Not listening to their terrible opinions would be best.
I agree.
I have a friend who has a wii. He liked it a lot, but someday his friend bought a ps3, he never played his friend's ps3, and he suddenly stop playing his wii, saying that it was a piece of shit.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Well, games are expensive. Importing one I bet is still cheaper, even with taxes.
unsure.gif

I say, get a system for the games you want (and if you can afford it of course), and not bothering about which company or genre. I like shooters on the PS3 (and halo on the 360), but that doesn't stop me from liking Mario and Pokemon.

Ergo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chris888222 said:
Generally, most people don't turn the 3D on while playing now.

We don't? Is this true? I play it w/ it on all the time...I thought most people did?

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Ergo said:
chris888222 said:

We don't? Is this true? I play it w/ it on all the time...I thought most people did?
Then what's with 3D is not beneficial to gameplay and disappointed with 3DS 3D effect?

I didn't state all, I stated most.

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you already have a DS, I see no reason to jump to the 3DS yet. Unless you have a strong urge to play a bunch of re-hashed games. If you believe Nintendo will release a better revision, then I say wait. You say the good games won't come out until later, then why not wait 'til later to buy the console itself? I personally am waiting for the release of Smash on the 3DS. If they have not announced a revision by then, then that's when I will purchase a regular 3DS.

Gaiaknight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I bought a 3ds launch day and i have 13 games for it i have yet to regret my purchase of the handheld. I played it for 10 hrs straight with OOT with max 3d and never once did i get a headache.

NiGHtS

Trophies
XP
Country
Got myself a red 3DS yesterday, no games. Keeping me entertained now and then and free Four Swords is always nice
smile.gif
Picking up Ocarina and Starfox later this week.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Karaflaga Tumeega said:
I have Sf643D and OoT, both great games and there is a slew of fantastic games coming in the near future. I say jump in, when has Nintendo gone wrong with a portable in recent memory?
They go wrong at launch. Remember how bad the DS launch was?

but hey, no console is perfect at launch.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chris888222 said:
Ergo said:
chris888222 said:

Then what's with 3D is not beneficial to gameplay and disappointed with 3DS 3D effect?

I didn't state all, I stated most.
Not sure where you getting this from,but I didn't believe most. Maybe minority, but surely not most.

Sounds like a over exaggeration just like the poor sells.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
I keep it on all the time.

As far as the benefit of 3D in gameplay, it's a matter of how it is used. Being able to discern how far you are away from an object is helpful, as we use it in our lives, though our brains are better adept to not having to deal with it in video games because we've been so used to not having it in the first place. The 3DS is in it's early stage of life still. Once companies better understand the 3DS, the better they can apply ideas, including how to use the 3D effectively.

some1ne

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
chris888222 said:
Karaflaga Tumeega said:
I have Sf643D and OoT, both great games and there is a slew of fantastic games coming in the near future. I say jump in, when has Nintendo gone wrong with a portable in recent memory?

Was it bad ? People say the DS is the best selling handheld, after gameboy.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The DS launch line up was pretty mediocre in all honesty. Thankfully good games came out and people the thing. BTW, DS is the best selling handheld in history.

Gaiaknight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
d00dleFace said:
chris888222 said:
Karaflaga Tumeega said:

Was it bad ? People say the DS is the best selling handheld, after gameboy.

The DS big game at launch was a port of an N64 game with some added new features.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: hello everyone