Trophies
XP
Country
United States
davidnlta said:
d00dleFace said:
chris888222 said:
Karaflaga Tumeega said:
I have Sf643D and OoT, both great games and there is a slew of fantastic games coming in the near future. I say jump in, when has Nintendo gone wrong with a portable in recent memory?
They go wrong at launch. Remember how bad the DS launch was?

but hey, no console is perfect at launch.
Was it bad ? People say the DS is the best selling handheld, after gameboy.

The DS big game at launch was a port of an N64 game with some added new features.
Hmmm that doesnt sound familar. But anyway if I were you I would snag a 3DS this november sine thats when many say the 3DS is gonna beome better (3D video taping, flipnote memo, big update, SM3DL), Also your friends are probley BO, obsessed fanboys, If you really want to know if they have good taste in games ask them what they think about TF2.

some1ne

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Zantigo said:
davidnlta said:
d00dleFace said:
chris888222 said:
Karaflaga Tumeega said:
I have Sf643D and OoT, both great games and there is a slew of fantastic games coming in the near future. I say jump in, when has Nintendo gone wrong with a portable in recent memory?
They go wrong at launch. Remember how bad the DS launch was?

but hey, no console is perfect at launch.
Was it bad ? People say the DS is the best selling handheld, after gameboy.

The DS big game at launch was a port of an N64 game with some added new features.
Hmmm that doesnt sound familar. But anyway if I were you I would snag a 3DS this november sine thats when many say the 3DS is gonna beome better (3D video taping, flipnote memo, big update, SM3DL), Also your friends are probley BO, obsessed fanboys, If you really want to know if they have good taste in games ask them what they think about TF2.
lol, they dont even know what it is, only one of them, because i showed tf2 to him.
Well, if I can sell my DSi, I'm getting one soon, but if I can't, I've gotta wait until december or so.

Ergo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chris888222 said:
Ergo said:
chris888222 said:
Generally, most people don't turn the 3D on while playing now.

We don't? Is this true? I play it w/ it on all the time...I thought most people did?
Then what's with 3D is not beneficial to gameplay and disappointed with 3DS 3D effect?

I didn't state all, I stated most.

I didn't say you did, I said "most".

As for not being beneficial, uh, I guess that really depends on what you mean by the word. If you mean in that it directly impacts gameplay that, of course, varies by game*. But does it make the games more enjoyable even w/ no overt gameplay impact? Yeah, even when it's just window-dressing, I quite enjoy it.

As for the "disappointed", etc., err, well, every product every created is going to have those that are underwhelmed or disinterested, so I'm not sure how a poll or any, one (or one-hundred), peoples' opinion matters in this regard. What matters is *your* opinion, not the mindless masses' opinion (a huge percentage, I'm sure, haven't ever actually played a game in 3D, be it 3DS or PC or PS3, etc.)

*Eventually, it'll be mandatory and it will make '3D' games better playing since you experience the every day world via three, physical, dimensions, not '3D' smeared onto a 2D plane a la traditional gaming (true depth perception is 3D's 'killer app', but most people don't grasp this yet since most games don't make any real use of it and most people haven't so much as seen a second of 3D gameplay). It'll make games more accessible and, sigh, more 'real'.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Well, judging by all this, maybe the poll WAS an exaggeration.
unsure.gif

I'll edit my post later.

But with 3D off at least you'll get more battery.
tongue.gif

Anyway, 3DS games are all flocking in starting end of this year, with the current DS library included, it's going to be a lot.

• Tekken 3D PE
  • Monster Hunter 4 (may be Japan only, unconfirmed)
  • Ninja Gaiden (still in early development, no news since early this year)
  • Dynasty Warriors
  • Crush 3D
  • Beyond the Labyrinth
  • A lot more I'm lazy to mention

some1ne

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
midiway said:
And remember that is has a browser and you can even read PDF files on it
yaynds.gif
im not so interested in browsing the web with it. I have an iPod Touch and it's way better for web browsing, taking pictures,and for music.
And I don't think i'll carry my 3DS "every place I go".

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I happen to be one of the lucky ones who has never gotten a headache from any sort of 3D.

There isn't much difference between stereoscopy and autostereoscopy. Case in point, if you get headaches at the movies, you will probably get headaches from the 3DS.

I have problems with neither.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Midna said:
I happen to be one of the lucky ones who has never gotten a headache from any sort of 3D.

There isn't much difference between stereoscopy and autostereoscopy. Case in point, if you get headaches at the movies, you will probably get headaches from the 3DS.

I have problems with neither.
Woah. I have problems with cinema 3D (dizzy and headaches) but not once with problems for the 3DS and 3DTVs. Weird.

qweasd123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Giggtysword344 said:
The 3ds lite thing is BS so dont belive that.

DxEggman said:

Nintendo would release some kind of "3DS Lite" soon.

-*facepalm*

Lol
Of course there will be 3DS Lite. Every console has its better version.

chris888222 said:
I'm worrying about this possibility because I got the DS in 2005 (phat), and one year later they released the DS Lite.

Unless he was lying, here. I got to agree with him though. It's roughly the same size as the lite yet it packs a lot more.
He said that because nobody would buy 3DS if they said "yes, there will be 3DS Lite".

Some Lite version should be created.
3DS "Fat" has shitty battery, lower screen scratches upper screen and there is a lot of other things that must be fixed.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
qweasd123 said:
Giggtysword344 said:
The 3ds lite thing is BS so dont belive that.

DxEggman said:

Nintendo would release some kind of "3DS Lite" soon.

-*facepalm*

Lol
Of course there will be 3DS Lite. Every console has its better version.

chris888222 said:
I'm worrying about this possibility because I got the DS in 2005 (phat), and one year later they released the DS Lite.

Unless he was lying, here. I got to agree with him though. It's roughly the same size as the lite yet it packs a lot more.
He said that because nobody would buy 3DS if they said "yes, there will be 3DS Lite".

Some Lite version should be created.
3DS "Fat" has shitty battery, lower screen scratches upper screen and there is a lot of other things that must be fixed.
Even if there were a redesign, I won't want a Lite. It's just too... small.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Guys, have any of you seen a 3DS taken apart? That thing is filled. I mean, shit, you could not fit more in there, even if you really tried your absolute hardest. About the only thing that sort of needs some fixing is the whole rubber bumpers not being quite big enough thing, but that doesn't warrant a whole redesign, as there are ways around it.

The battery life will not get better unless batteries become more efficient. As it stands now, the 3DS has about the battery life the PSP did (well, the energy eating phat).

For the whole "I bought my DS Phat in 2005" blah, blah, blah shit. I got my DS holiday 2004, launch. I do not regret it even though the lite came out less than two full years later. The DS was not selling well due to design and other factors. By March 2006, it had the games to warrant an attractive redesign, as there was room for a heavy redesign.

Ignorant people kind of piss me off.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only way it may "fix some issues" is make the 3DS bigger like a 3DS XL or even bigger?
Calling it the 3DS plus.
tongue.gif

Which in turn, people would just complain about size.
closedeyes.gif

Two years it may come a new one, I didn't think anytime soon.
Most games are coming out in November anyway and I want to play them...

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
KingVamp said:
Only way it may "fix some issues" is make the 3DS bigger like a 3DS XL or even bigger?
Calling it the 3DS plus.
tongue.gif

Which in turn, people would just complain about size.
closedeyes.gif

Two years it may come a new one, I didn't think anytime soon.
Most games are coming out in November anyway and I want to play them...
And people will get pissed off and say 'I just bought a 3DS!'

Geez. Did the Wii even get a redesign (except for the one in Europe)?

some1ne

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
qweasd123 said:
chris888222 said:
QUOTE said:

That's what I tought. Many people aren't buying it now because they think the 3DS wil be redesigned, like the DS.
Some people even think that the 3DS is a new DS redesign, with 3D. The name sounds TOO similar and the design too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E