Hacking Is it really necessary to unlink nands?

Hypnotizing

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi everyone, I have an old 3ds with error 005-5964 that doesn't let me enter the eshop and unlink my nnid from the system, therefore i cant unlink my nands by formatting them.

Is there a solution for this ? , or is it really neccesary to unlink the nands in the first place ?

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unlinking your nands it isn't extremely a necessity, is more of an optional choice.

Advantages of having unlinked nands:

1)Eliminates the gift unwrapping bug.

2)If you don't unlink your nands, going into settings > 3DS software will delete your cias installed in emunand.

3)Can't use "unassisted menuhax autoboot".

Other than that, you can have your nands linked without major drawbacks.

Last edited by Tony_93,

Hypnotizing

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Unlinking your nands it isn't extremely a necessity, is more of an optional choice.

Advantages of having unlinked nands:

1)Eliminates the gift unwrapping bug.

2)If you don't unlink your nands, going into settings > 3DS software will delete your cias installed in emunand.

3)Can't use "unassisted menuhax autoboot".

Other than that, you can have your nands linked without major drawbacks.

Thanks, im fairly new in this, so i guess your third point is about coldboot or something? , there's a way to do that with my nands linked?

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
no because your nands are linked

also how does error 005-5964 prevent you from formatting the system isnt that clearly eshop only

Last edited by izy,

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, im fairly new in this, so i guess your third point is about coldboot or something? , there's a way to do that with my nands linked?

Yes, you can still coldboot a CFW but you have to be carefull so you don't get looped back to menuhax.

You can autoboot to menuhax > launch CFW > Dissable menuhax by pressing some button to avoid loop.

Or

Boot menuhax by button trigger > launch CFW > Dissable loop by not pressing anything.

Reactions: Ailuros27

Hypnotizing

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yes, you can still coldboot a CFW but you have to be carefull so you don't get looped back to menuhax.

You can autoboot to menuhax > launch CFW > Dissable menuhax by pressing some button to avoid loop.

Or

Boot menuhax by button trigger > launch CFW > Dissable loop by not pressing anything.
I see, i need to learn a lot more about this. Thanks for your help.

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i have to boot rxtools everytime i turn on my 3ds ? , damn that sounds like fun

Yes, it isn't that bad with menuhax since it happes on boot.

Am I right in thinking that only happens if you view the software in sysnand? Or emunand too

Not sure, I haven't tested every possible outcome :P

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
question what happens when you try to unlink nands?
because you cant access eshop anyhow so why does it matter about error code 005-5964 which is usually a network or banned from eshop issue

Hypnotizing

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
question what happens when you try to unlink nands?
because you cant access eshop anyhow so why does it matter about error code 005-5964 which is usually a network or banned from eshop issue
Supposedly it needs to unlink the nnid from the console, and every atempt to do that , access the eshop or even try to get in the account settings prompts that error.

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
well supposedly that error is caused by either a bad network connection/router or you did naughty stuff on estore and got banned. Either way phone nintendo and ask them to unlink it

Hypnotizing

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
well supposedly that error is caused by either a bad network connection/router or you did naughty stuff on estore and got banned. Either way phone nintendo and ask them to unlink it
It was a bit of bad stuff, i prefer to skip all the process to have it unbanned since nintendo's questions to solve it have been ridiculous.

So, is normal to go back to sysnand after entering the settings menu in emunand ?

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It was a bit of bad stuff, i prefer to skip all the process to have it unbanned since nintendo's questions to solve it have been ridiculous.

So, is normal to go back to sysnand after entering the settings menu in emunand ?
when your nands are linked yes, normally it jsut reboots the console

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all