Homebrew Is it possible?

AlterL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
To mod a pcsx rearmed.cia 1.36 (last known Pcsx to work with Old3DS) to include Unai's renderer and CHD support or a newer version so that it can be actually opened by the old3ds since newer versions just give an error whenever you try to even opening it from the menu? I know most games will still be relatively slow on Old3Ds but by all accounts I think we should at least get the chance to test this since even back then it was possible to play some PSX 2D games at relatively decent (although not full speed) some of the games that I found ran better on my old3ds were:
Castlevania SOTN (pbp) with removed music and video (40fps to 60fps for most of the game)
Mortal Kombat Trilogy (depending on the stage this one actually ran the full 60fps if not faster, same format and process as the above)
Marvel vs Capcom (33 to 45 fps)

Last edited by AlterL,

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To mod a pcsx rearmed.cia 1.36 (last known Pcsx to work with Old3DS) to include Unai's renderer and CHD support or a newer version so that it can be actually opened by the old3ds since newer versions just give an error whenever you try to even opening it from the menu? I know most games will still be relatively slow on Old3Ds but by all accounts I think we should at least get the chance to test this since even back then it was possible to play some PSX 2D games at relatively decent (although not full speed) some of the games that I found ran better on my old3ds were:
Castlevania SOTN (pbp) with removed music and video (40fps to 60fps for most of the game)
Mortal Kombat Trilogy (depending on the stage this one actually ran the full 60fps if not faster, same format and process as the above)
Marvel vs Capcom (33 to 45 fps)
Not possible

AlterL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Care to elaborate more please? I don't mean to be rude but if it can't be done then there must be a reason. Unai's renderer is/was said to be less consuming than the one we previously used, sacrificing accuracy for speed so is there a reason why it couldn't be implemented? We already know results won't be as good as a New3DS but that doesn't mean it's not worth pursuing for Old3ds users like me.

Reactions: ItsmeMarioandLuigi

AlterL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
finally managed to test this, and it is a great improvement for 2d games. 3d games like Crash bandicoot 2 go slightly above 30 fps (max 45 in some stages) which is a great improvement . BTW I used cxitool to make a cia out of the 3dsx and I'm noticing it's slightly faster than the 3dsx version, sadly I can't add icons because when I add it all of the sudden my 3ds tells me that it's new 3ds software and I can't use it.

CaptainHIT

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
finally managed to test this, and it is a great improvement for 2d games. 3d games like Crash bandicoot 2 go slightly above 30 fps (max 45 in some stages) which is a great improvement . BTW I used cxitool to make a cia out of the 3dsx and I'm noticing it's slightly faster than the 3dsx version, sadly I can't add icons because when I add it all of the sudden my 3ds tells me that it's new 3ds software and I can't use it.
That should be investigated! Makes me wonder is built straight as CIA will do any better?

Reactions: AlterL

NanashiFinal13

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Can you upload the 3dsx cia converted with the icon? i have a New 3DS and i wabt to convert the 3dsx to cia but i get error every time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Like I said, people with criminal records tend to play the victim an awful lot. Thats all the more im going to say
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    in the wanted list thread
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    because you are an awful liar and narcissistic hypocrite
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    LEOtck? Who's he? Never 'erd of the las. :)
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I only show the mirror to people and you all can't stand what you're seeing
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    bunch of bullies
    Narcissistic Personality Disorder 101
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I think that's what you have
    Thanks for providing further evidence of my claim in a single comment. lol.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    pff\
    You're a gaslighting narcissist. Everyone out to get you. You wont get professional help because you'll just chalk up their diagnosis as another conspiracy out to get you.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    leave me alone, I'm not going to engage with you anymore, bye
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    Motherfucker I was checked by a psychiatrist and there's nothing wrong with me
    okay. Bye. Thought you were leaving anyway. Why are you still around? You already said goodbye to everyone here.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so stop spurting your nonsense
    lol. liar.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    knock it off now, both of you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yea you're just a mean bully
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    he SHOULD
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and NOW
    liar, loudmouth, cussing and swearing, all angry
    ok. sorry. ill stop now. promise
    Sooo. How about Dune part 1 & 2? The cinematography is fantastic, but thats some of the most boring ass sci-fi Ive seen in my life.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    haven't seen both
    Im going to see the new Godzilla next week. Sure they aren't some cinematic masterpieces but the last few were all really great and fun popcorn flicks to see on the big screen.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Im going to see the new Godzilla next week. Sure they aren't some cinematic masterpieces but...