OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey guys
cool.gif

I was wondering......Is it possible to make a sega dreamcast emulator on the wii. I heard some people saying that the dreamcast is more powerful than the wii. So can it be possible?

WiiThoko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Dreamcast definitly isn't more powerful than the Wii, however I think in order to have any emulator even a chance to work, the console that acts as the emulator must be at least 3x as powerful as the console it's emulating.

I personally think it's impossible to do.

kyle007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'd say no, even the best dreamcast emulators only work at their best if you have an amazing pc, i'd expect first release wii64 speeds to be the maximum on the wii (aka just a few fps and thats the best we'd ever get it)

gameking66

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Assassination said:
Hey guys
cool.gif

I was wondering......Is it possible to make a sega dreamcast emulator on the wii. I heard some people saying that the dreamcast is more powerful than the wii. So can it be possible?
Yes it's possible.
Some people are retarded.
It can be possible.

kyle007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol gameking, as Deadly said its probably POSSIBLE, but to get it working anywhere near playable? very much doubtful to say the least. Gameking do me a favor, download a dreamcast emulator and try to play a game you enjoy, and see how much fun it is
tongue.gif
you need a very good computer to even play SOME games (not all) at playable speeds

r3dfaction

Trophies
Website
phyzorg.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
kyle007 said:
lol gameking, as Deadly said its probably POSSIBLE, but to get it working anywhere near playable? very much doubtful to say the least. Gameking do me a favor, download a dreamcast emulator and try to play a game you enjoy, and see how much fun it is
tongue.gif
you need a very good computer to even play SOME games (not all) at playable speeds
This

There was even an attempt to emulate ps2 but it was awfully slow it was never released, so to answer your question yes its possible.

Is it worth coding something that will barely work? No

Assassination

暗殺者Lv25
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thank you guys..... anyways Gameking66 i dont like you AT ALL. You reply on most of my posts with bullsh*t...Just answer the damn question yes or no then leave.

Im giving you a warning...... leave me alone.

gameking66

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Assassination said:
Thank you guys..... anyways Gameking66 i dont like you AT ALL. You reply on most of my posts with bullsh*t...Just answer the damn question yes or no then leave.

Im giving you a warning...... leave me alone.
I answered your question.

smash_brew

I may or may not have fallen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Best bet is to just buy a dreamcast. I'm sure that you can find one floating around pretty cheap and games are still pretty easy to find. Im glad that i still have my launch console. A good dc emu with out a good pc is just not happening right now.

Assassination

暗殺者Lv25
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
smash_brew said:
Best bet is to just buy a dreamcast. I'm sure that you can find one floating around pretty cheap and games are still pretty easy to find. Im glad that i still have my launch console. A good dc emu with out a good pc is just not happening right now.

Yeahh i will. i should find one under 60 bucks.

smash_brew

I may or may not have fallen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Assassination said:
smash_brew said:

Last time they sold they here in the US they went for $69.99 new. That was at the end of things when they were just selling them off, but i'm sure that you can get one for much less then $60 used. A friend of mine bought one on ebay not to long ago for $25.

jmafiaking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ughhh. Gameking66 and Assassination at it again.

Assassination:STOP making threads you already made before!
Gameking66: Stop acting an ass and leave the guy alone.

There..... PEACE AT LAST!
tongue.gif

Posts merged

smash_brew said:
Assassination said:
smash_brew said:

Last time they sold they here in the US they went for $69.99 new. That was at the end of things when they were just selling them off, but i'm sure that you can get one for much less then $60 used. A friend of mine bought one on ebay not to long ago for $25.

i might get one! 25$ bucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16