Is it possible to use an nds rom and a custom cartridge to trick the system into thinking I have a real copy of a game?

BigSillyOrangeCat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I’ve been playing Pokémon Platinum on TwiLight Menu++ for a bit, and I wanted to be able to move the Pokémon I have on there to Pokémon Bank. I was wondering if it was possible to construct a physical copy of the game.

skawo

Trophies
XP
Country
No way to do what you ask.

The easiest way to do what you want would probably be to get your save, load it up into a Platinum Pokemon save editor, and then manually recreate your Pokemon in a save editor for X/Y/ORAS/SuMo/USUM, following the stats from the Platinum save.

BigSillyOrangeCat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No way to do what you ask.

The easiest way to do what you want would probably be to get your save, load it up into a Platinum Pokemon save editor, and then manually recreate your Pokemon in a save editor for X/Y/ORAS/SuMo/USUM, following the stats from the Platinum save.
ok, could you recommend a platinum save editor?

Sweater Fish Del

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wasn't there a DS flash card that had a special memory space you could load a rom into that made the card into essentially a single game repro? One of the EZ-Flash models, I think. No idea how hard those are to find these days, though.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You chose a very odd subject line considering the nature of your problem.

I wanted to be able to move the Pokémon I have on there to Pokémon Bank.
You realize Pokemon Bank only works with B/W/B2/W2, right? Specifically, you need the Pokemon Transporter app, which you would have needed to download before the eShop closed – but installing it from a .cia probably works too.

Pokemon Transporter can be directed to use save data on the SD card (instead of a physical cartridge) using the Redirect Patch.

You should be able to use TWLSaveTool to just inject the save file from the ROM into the game itself
There's very little point to using that anymore since Checkpoint handles DS save data as well.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are pkm files on projectpokemon you can use from gen 4 pkm files that was transferred to gen 5 if you want to use poke transporter.

Since you don't have hard copy gen 5 game just inject the pkm files into 3ds pokemon games via pkhex.

G25900

Trophies
XP
Country
I assume you're using a 3ds since you mention bank and it's modded as you mention TWLMenu, in which case you can download PKSM on your 3DS which is a Gen 1-7 Editor (It supports TWL saves) and allows for transferring between gens via it's own bank system. You can use that to move your 'mons to a Gen 6/7 game and move them in to bank from there.

Reactions: anotherthing

anotherthing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's very little point to using that anymore since Checkpoint handles DS save data as well.

It does? Does it just not handle DS games that have been injected in to a CIA file format then? Checkpoint never seems to see my injected DS games.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does it just not handle DS games that have been injected in to a CIA file format then? Checkpoint never seems to see my injected DS games.
There is no need for Checkpoint to handle those, since that save data is stored unencrypted on the SD card already.

(And to be sure, TWLSaveTool isn't going to do anything with that data either.)

Reactions: anotherthing

BigSillyOrangeCat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You chose a very odd subject line considering the nature of your problem.

You realize Pokemon Bank only works with B/W/B2/W2, right? Specifically, you need the Pokemon Transporter app, which you would have needed to download before the eShop closed – but installing it from a .cia probably works too.

Pokemon Transporter can be directed to use save data on the SD card (instead of a physical cartridge) using the Redirect Patch.

where do i get the redirect patch and how do i use it? i already have poketransporter- i have a hacked n2dsxl

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Playing the Judge Dredd arcade game prototype lol I can see why they didn't finish it but at the...