Hacking Is it possible to run Opera with the R4?

kalibar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just curious about this. I've got an R4DS en route to me, and I was wondering if you can load Opera onto it and utilize the RAM from a G6 Lite or an M3 Lite (I have both options available to me) to run Opera. Opera DS comes in English now, right? I haven't kept up with this shit.

Also, where is it available for purchase?

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just curious about this. I've got an R4DS en route to me, and I was wondering if you can load Opera onto it and utilize the RAM from a G6 Lite or an M3 Lite (I have both options available to me) to run Opera. Opera DS comes in English now, right? I haven't kept up with this shit.

Also, where is it available for purchase?

It works with the M3, but you will have to ips patch the DSbrowser rom with the ips patch designed for M3 (there are two, one for M3 and the other for Supercard). Really easy to find both with a little googling.

Yes, the english version is out. Or rather the 'european' version, there is no US version of it as of yet. So if you want to purchase and live outside europe. You will have to import it.

kalibar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds cool on the M3 Lite, I'll have to check it out.

Shame that it doesn't work for the G6. I was trying to figure out which GBA-enabled flashcart to keep around, and having Opera available would be a big plus for keeping the M3 Lite. I had actually been kinda leaning toward hanging onto the G6 instead.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I purchased the Japanese version of the DS Lite browser on ebay for 20 bucks, and now use that ram pack in conjunction with the R4 and a clean Europe browser rom. Works great.

kalibar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. M3 Lite has two version: Perfect and Pro. Perfect is the one with GBA support and the extra ram. So you need the perfect version.
Not trying to be difficult, but I've always referred to the "Perfect" M3 Lite as just "M3 Lite", and by and large have heard it referred to in that manner by others. Use Coca-Cola products as an analogy -- if you go to a restaurant and order a "Coke" they don't ask you if you're talking about a Coca-Cola Classic or a Diet Coke, they simply assume that you'd say Diet Coke if that's what you wanted (and in that same vain, you wouldn't order a "Coca-Cola Classic" unless you're just being a goofball; you would very likely order a "Coke").

M3 Lite Pro is like the Diet Coke of flashcarts, just one type of ROM -- not evil enough! The analogy carries further, too -- one could easily liken the M3 Simply to Coke Zero. Although, that would really only work if 7UP came out with a beverage immediately preceeding Zero called UP4 that contained exactly the same formula in their own branded can (while Coke Zero's can simply had the Coke logo slapped on top of the 7UP logo). Incidentally, UP4 that could be turned into a Coke Zero by dumping solder into the beverage.

Errr... anyway.
unsure.gif
Moral of the story is that it's understood (to me, anyway) that someone's talking about the original version of the M3 Lite when all they say is "M3 Lite".

God damn I could go for a fizzy beverage.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol Veho goatse device! +1