Hacking is it possible to load ISO images over Wi-Fi?

JohnathanMonkey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I just dug up my old PSP Go, and was wondering if it would be possible for me to play my games over Wi-Fi. I am able to with my PS2, and would really like to be able to do the same with my PSP. Thank you in advance.

SkyBladeCloud

Trophies
XP
Country
It can be done. I remember I tried it during my gap year so it was literally 10 years ago (meaning that it might not work with current CFW's...).

IIRC, you set up a server in your PC, pointing to the directory where the ISO's are stored.
Then you configure the client in your PSP. I think I remember the client being integrated in IRShell, so you would edit one of its config files, giving the server's IP.
Then you would have the content of the server's directory under the "wlan0" filesystem; this way, you could navigate to it from IRShell and run the ISO's inside.

The concept itself is pretty much the same as running the ISO's over USB (just using the wlan0, instead of the usb0 filesystem).
However, just like with PS2, the loading times are not good enough for streaming in many games, so expect choppy FMV's. I remember I tried it with Start Ocean - First Departure and sure enough, it took some time to load, and struggled through the opening cinematic :/...

Regards,

~Sky

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: