Homebrew Is it possible to install OOTHax without another hax entry point?

IvanB

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi

Sorry about the noob factor here, since Nintendo updated my system to 10.2 then 10.3 on my o3DS I haven't been able to access homebrew. I don't have Cubic Ninja, but I do have a Ocarina of Time 3D that I bought with the console! I've already finished the game so I'm not too concerned about losing my save games. So is it possible to install OOTHax and access homebrew again? I have o3DS with 10.3.0-28E

IvanB

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry but what is that? Is it a cartridge? Wouldn't I need the Ocarina 3D cartridge in place to run the Hax?

GalladeGuy

Cool and Epic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo updated my system to 10.2 then 10.3 on my o3DS

What do you mean Nintendo updated your system?

Sorry but what is that? Is it a cartridge? Wouldn't I need the Ocarina 3D cartridge in place to run the Hax?

Its a device you plug into your computer and put in your game card. Its kind of like Action Replay. You can use it to inject a hacked save file.

WiseHorror

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
PowerSaves is a USB dongle that you connect to your computer, which lets you insert your game cartridges into it and run cheat codes and backup/restore save files. If you want OoT3DHax without another entry point, you need a physical copy of Ocarina of Time 3D and a PowerSaves dongle. I recommend you check out this thread in order to learn how to install oot3dhax on your 3DS with PowerSaves: https://gbatemp.net/threads/oot3dhax-powersave-edition.401799/

IvanB

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay thanks for all the replies guys, I do have a legit cartridge of Ocarina of Time 3D, I bought when I bought the console. Looking at Ebay Powersaves is pretty cheap.

N64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, that's where I picked it up. took all of 5 minutes after I got it to install oo3dhax

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Powersaves does work. Besides, if the saves were encrypted, why would R4i be able to do it?
for one I thought Powersaves wouldn't work so I am supprised Power saves is a server based save dumper Datel i thought locked your saves to one cart (meaning you can't transfer from one cart to another) R4i however dumps the save in RAW (.sav) format like how homebrew dumpers save it

N64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for one I thought Powersaves wouldn't work so I am supprised Power saves is a server based save dumper Datel i thought locked your saves to one cart (meaning you can't transfer from one cart to another) R4i however dumps the save in RAW (.sav) format like how homebrew dumpers save it

powersaves does have a server based function - license key checking.
everything else takes place on your computer
i get .bin files when I dump saves

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up