Is it possible to install OOTHax without another hax entry point?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by IvanB, Nov 28, 2015.

1. IvanB
    OP

IvanB Member

Newcomer
    Sep 7, 2015
    Hi

Sorry about the noob factor here, since Nintendo updated my system to 10.2 then 10.3 on my o3DS I haven't been able to access homebrew. I don't have Cubic Ninja, but I do have a Ocarina of Time 3D that I bought with the console! I've already finished the game so I'm not too concerned about losing my save games. So is it possible to install OOTHax and access homebrew again? I have o3DS with 10.3.0-28E

2. Buttsnake

Buttsnake "Mods please close this thread"

Aug 23, 2015
    United States
    Inside your SD card
    Buy a powersave/powerplay off the internet

3. IvanB
    OP

IvanB Member

Newcomer
    Sep 7, 2015
    Sorry but what is that? Is it a cartridge? Wouldn't I need the Ocarina 3D cartridge in place to run the Hax?

4. GalladeGuy

GalladeGuy Freeze Kirby :3

Oct 28, 2015
    United States
    What do you mean Nintendo updated your system?

Its a device you plug into your computer and put in your game card. Its kind of like Action Replay. You can use it to inject a hacked save file.

5. WiseHorror

WiseHorror Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2009
    Lisbon, Portugal
    PowerSaves is a USB dongle that you connect to your computer, which lets you insert your game cartridges into it and run cheat codes and backup/restore save files. If you want OoT3DHax without another entry point, you need a physical copy of Ocarina of Time 3D and a PowerSaves dongle. I recommend you check out this thread in order to learn how to install oot3dhax on your 3DS with PowerSaves: https://gbatemp.net/threads/oot3dhax-powersave-edition.401799/

6. chrisrlink

chrisrlink your friendly neighborhood serial killer

Aug 27, 2009
    United States
    Elm street
    sorry powersaves won't work cause their saves are encrypted but however the R4i Save dongle normally $18 on NDS-Card will work

7. N64

N64 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 16, 2014
    United States
    um. powersaves works. I used it on my OOT3D cartridge and it worked just fine.

8. GalladeGuy

GalladeGuy Freeze Kirby :3

Oct 28, 2015
    United States
    Powersaves does work. Besides, if the saves were encrypted, why would R4i be able to do it?

9. IvanB
    OP

IvanB Member

Newcomer
    Sep 7, 2015
    Okay thanks for all the replies guys, I do have a legit cartridge of Ocarina of Time 3D, I bought when I bought the console. Looking at Ebay Powersaves is pretty cheap.

10. N64

N64 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 16, 2014
    United States
    yeah, that's where I picked it up. took all of 5 minutes after I got it to install oo3dhax

11. chrisrlink

chrisrlink your friendly neighborhood serial killer

Aug 27, 2009
    United States
    Elm street
    for one I thought Powersaves wouldn't work so I am supprised Power saves is a server based save dumper Datel i thought locked your saves to one cart (meaning you can't transfer from one cart to another) R4i however dumps the save in RAW (.sav) format like how homebrew dumpers save it

12. N64

N64 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 16, 2014
    United States
    powersaves does have a server based function - license key checking.
    everything else takes place on your computer
    i get .bin files when I dump saves