Homebrew Is it possible to format wiiu with cbhc installed after update?

Spinoni31

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello, i have a black 32GB wiiu that i modded with 5.5.2 and now updated to 5.5.3 .
as of recently, i have been unable to acces the sd card with the homebrew contents (just after i updated the system) and i was thinking about formatting the system, but i installed on 5.5.2 cbhc and, altough i can access it by opening the haxchi app, i am unable to access the sd card on the homebrew browser in wiiu mode (the vwii mode works fine). so my question is, altough there is cbhc installed and i heard that it can brick your system if you format it with it installed, can i format the system in this condintion? if not, how can i uninstall haxchi without going via the sd card slot?

Thanks in advance, Spinoni31

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
OK so your problem has absolutely nothing to do with cold boot haxchi it's just been bad timing. 1 of 3 things has happened here either your sd card is faulty/fake or the sd card slot on the WiiU has broken or you are missing vital files from the sd card.

Ok first of all switch on the WiiU and goto Mii Maker and try and turn a mii into a qr code then try and copy it to the sd card. If it works we know you are missing files for homebrew if it doesn't work then it's the sd card or the sd card reader at fault.

Spinoni31

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Tried to create a qr code and it worked. Tried with a nnid linked mii, a favourite mii and a generic mii and all of those three were successful.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Tried to create a qr code and it worked. Tried with a nnid linked mii, a favourite mii and a generic mii and all of those three were successful.
Post pictures of your sd card structure so we can see if you are missing any files ect. What we do know is the sd card and the sd card slot are fine so far.

Spinoni31

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Here is the sdcard structure. i've left the minor folders like dcim or the apps and private folders as those ar part of the vwii mode.

Attachments

• Screenshot (2).png
    Screenshot (2).png
    3.6 KB · Views: 226
  • Screenshot (3).png
    Screenshot (3).png
    2.4 KB · Views: 173
  • Screenshot (4).png
    Screenshot (4).png
    5 KB · Views: 199
  • Screenshot (5).png
    Screenshot (5).png
    4.4 KB · Views: 184
  • Screenshot (6).png
    Screenshot (6).png
    3.1 KB · Views: 168

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
People often say that it's a bad idea to do a factory reset while CBHC is installed, which is correct, but they fail to say WHY it is a bad idea!

CBHC is the combination of two things:
1- the Haxchi exploit in the official DS emulator (just with a slightly different payload)
2- the ability to set something that shouldn't be as the autoboot title

If you do a factory reset with CBHC installed, all non-system titles would be removed (including that DS game), and the console would be left without a default title to run

(If CBHC isn't autobooting, for example because you updated the launcher and it was automatically set as default app, or because you changed the default app in SystemConfigTool/system.xml, or because you "correctly" removed it using the installer - it doesn't count as "installed" and it's OK to remove the title)

Spinoni31

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
People often say that it's a bad idea to do a factory reset while CBHC is installed, which is correct, but they fail to say WHY it is a bad idea!

CBHC is the combination of two things:
1- the Haxchi exploit in the official DS emulator (just with a slightly different payload)
2- the ability to set something that shouldn't be as the autoboot title

If you do a factory reset with CBHC installed, all non-system titles would be removed (including that DS game), and the console would be left without a default title to run

(If CBHC isn't autobooting, for example because you updated the launcher and it was automatically set as default app, or because you changed the default app in SystemConfigTool/system.xml, or because you "correctly" removed it using the installer - it doesn't count as "installed" and it's OK to remove the title)
So is it okay if i do a factory reset? I have all the data stored on an external hard drive with the only exception of the cbhc app.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So is it okay if i do a factory reset? I have all the data stored on an external hard drive with the only exception of the cbhc app.
That's not helpful to know (for this question)
What matters if is CBHC is set as default app (= do you see "cbhc by fix94" while booting the console)

Reactions: AmandaRose

Spinoni31

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sorry for the long wait, but i managed to format the system. as for your question, i didn't see the chbc by fix94 as i actually saw just the normal wii u bootscreen. now i wil proceed to mod the system back. thanks again for the support, Spinoni31

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 📚 🗒️ ✏️ 🤓 +1