Hardware Is it possible to format switch SD card using TegraRCM mount option?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 2,813
  • Replies 3
D

Deleted User

OP
Sorry if this isn't the right place to ask.
I use ReiNX, AutoRCM and I'm on fw 7.0.1, and I just realized my 64gb sd card is in exFAT and I've read everywhere that Fat32 is more stable, so I'd like to format it.

Problem is my external USB card reader doesn't seem to recognize the card correctly, maybe because it's old and doesn't support exFAT,
so the only method I have to read my SD card at all in my PC is by using my own switch and mounting it through TegraRCM.

So my question is it safe to format it that way or should I wait until I can buy myself a better card reader?

I could wait of course, but I fear corrupting my sd card if I keep using it, I need to make a few game backups and then I'd like to backup my Nand, and that's a lot of reading and writing.

D

Deleted User

OP
Thanks for your reply, I still played it safe and formatted my sd card externally.
Had a corruption problem after alll when I copied the files back from my PC to the newly formatted sd in fat32, but it was a problem on my pc, the Nintendo folder got damaged it seems, a rare but possible occurence, but it was a matter of erasing it so the Switch could create it anew, and now it's working fine.
Game installs are a bit slower now (I suppose due to smaller cluster partition or something, it is a crappy sandisk sd after all), but I feel safer.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: Draxzelex

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-