Homebrew is it possible to dual boot firmware?

  • Thread starter Thread starter kofman13
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 3,641
  • Replies Replies 5

kofman13

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2011
Messages
250
Reaction score
34
Trophies
0
XP
541
Country
United States
Right now I am running LUMA CFW/AL9H

But I want to try a method to play 3DS with a gamecube controller and also something i saw that lets me capture footage wirelessly over network to my computer, both of which require "NTR Firmware" so that means I would have to replace Luma 3DS? it's a little confusing. if so, can i dual boot firmwares somehow? i cant find any clarification on this
 
Right now I am running LUMA CFW/AL9H

But I want to try a method to play 3DS with a gamecube controller and also something i saw that lets me capture footage wirelessly over network to my computer, both of which require "NTR Firmware" so that means I would have to replace Luma 3DS? it's a little confusing. if so, can i dual boot firmwares somehow? i cant find any clarification on this
NTR CFW runs on top of Luma3DS. Just install BootNTR Selector.
 
NTR isn't a standalone CFW, it's a plugin that it needs to be launched through an actual CFW to work
You can use this to set it up
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-bootntr-selector.432911/
But to answer another question, you can actually multi-boot CFWs on the same system without hassle. CFWs only apply patches and read the NAND, they are not permanently written to the system. Right now I am running a privately developed CFW from my CTRNAND, and booting into Corbenik, ReiNAND, and CakesFW. All of them are running on the same NAND without a single issue.
To multi-boot CFWs you can either use a chainloader like Luma3DS and Corbenik provide.
Or use a bootloader like BootCtr9
 
Last edited by The Catboy,

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted