Is it possible to Disc Update Wii U with Error Code 105-3102?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by ThomasDale, Aug 4, 2014.

1. ThomasDale
    OP

ThomasDale Member

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2012
    Since Wii U Homebrew is on the horizon, I would just like to know if I can update the thing to be able to use it. (Current FW is 2.1.0U)

Ryanrocks462 likes this.
  2. Ryanrocks462

Ryanrocks462 Wii U/3DS Hacker.. Will test anything, A Pirate

Banned
    Jun 18, 2014
    United States
    California
    hi, i was getting that error before as well, all you have to do is go into your router settings and change your wifi password until the update is complete. Make sure nothing but the WiiU is connected to your wifi ,,, for Example the password is mariokart8, just change it to mariokart7, don't connect anything to the wifi accept the WiiU, let it update, then change the password back to mariokart8 :)

Also, it will update you to the latest 5.1.0U , which is supported by the exploit.

Warning!!! if you didn't update yet don't because nintendo released version 5.1.1 which patches the actual bug in the browser

ThomasDale likes this.
  3. ThomasDale
    OP

ThomasDale Member

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2012
    I changed my Wifi password and the update still failed (I was going to unplug during download :P), so back to square 1 I guess.

4. Ryanrocks462

Banned
    Jun 18, 2014
    United States
    California
    you made sure nothing not even your phone was connected to your wifi right? (only WiiU should be connected)

5. Ryanrocks462

Banned
    Jun 18, 2014
    United States
    California
    also if that didn't work you should be able to update to 4.1.0 (not 5.1.1) from the mario kart 8 disc , WARNING delete all internet settings before disc updating (failure to do so will result in an update to 5.1.1 instead of 4.1.0)

ThomasDale likes this.
  6. ThomasDale
    OP

ThomasDale Member

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2012
    Nothing else was connected, and I'll rent a copy of Mario Kart 8 to update it and post my results when I attempt a disc update.

7. Ryanrocks462

Banned
    Jun 18, 2014
    United States
    California
    ok :) just remember to delete all internet settings before disc updating

8. ThomasDale
    OP

ThomasDale Member

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2012
    Good news, I didn't get Error Code 105-3102, bad news, I got error code 162-0002... :sad: Geez, Nintendo thought this through...

Ryanrocks462 likes this.
  9. ThomasDale
    OP

ThomasDale Member

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2012
    Well, since there's no way for me to update, is there a 2.1.0 browser exploit, or a least a possibility for one?

10. Huntereb

Huntereb GBAtemp Addict

Sep 1, 2013
    United States

You can update using a Mario Kart 8 retail disk. It requires 5.0, and will force you to update to that firmware (Using an update stored on the disk itself) before you're able to play it. Just make sure you aren't connected to the internet before doing it.

11. Riyaz

Riyaz Black Ace/Red Joker

Jun 21, 2011
    Netherlands
    everywhere

12. electrico

electrico Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 9, 2008
    Greece
    I had this errors while trying to play mario kart 8 online. It has to do with the router settings.Try to give a static ip address to wii u, call your isp and tell them to give the wii u a static ip from their place too, deactivate DMZ so all ports will be open . ..

13. ThomasDale
    OP

ThomasDale Member

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2012
    Just disabled DMZ and gave it a static IP, but still refused to update.

14. electrico

Newcomer
    Oct 9, 2008
    Greece
    call your isp and tell them to set a static ipto wii u (they can see all the devices that are connected to router). i gave 192.168.1.2 for wii u to the router and i call my isp to do the same from their place .so everytime you open your wii u it will take the address you gave.also check your subnet mask when you setting the static ip to wii u.. your isp can tell you the correct settings.

15. electrico

Newcomer
    Oct 9, 2008
    Greece
  16. ThomasDale
    OP

ThomasDale Member

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2012
    I actually have a 2nd Wii U with the same settings and it works perfectly, so I don't think it's a network problem.

17. electrico

Newcomer
    Oct 9, 2008
    Greece
    so both of them are getting the same ip?

18. ThomasDale
    OP

ThomasDale Member

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2012

If you mean the IP is consistent, then yes.

19. electrico

Newcomer
    Oct 9, 2008
    Greece
    So the there is an ip conflict.you have to set a static ip to your second wii u. lets say that the first is 192.168.1.2 the second set it to 192.168.1.3 or 5 .that is happening because routers are auto give ip addresses so if you have many devices connected to the router it's natural that sometime it will confuse ips.i hope it helps

20. ThomasDale
    OP

ThomasDale Member

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2012
    The IP's of the Wii Us are different (one is .3 and the other is .4), and what it seems like you're assuming I have 256 devices connected to the same router, but I don't know that much about networking.