Sogdiana
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
I know that Intel has been doing better than AMD now days. My sitation is that I saw this Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 Conroe 3.0GHz LGA 775 CPU for $275, then I saw this AMD Athlon 64 X2 6400+ AM2(940) CPU for only $175. My question is: is Intel really worh the extra $100?

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I know that Intel has been doing better than AMD now days. My sitation is that I saw this Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 Conroe 3.0GHz LGA 775 CPU for $275, then I saw this AMD Athlon 64 X2 6400+ AM2(940) CPU for only $175. My question is: is Intel really worh the extra $100?

Don't get the E6850. Get the E6750, it's 190$ and you can overclock it to 3Ghz easily.

bladetears

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you're on a budget then AMD is the way to go, but Intel processors outperforms its AMD counterparts. (The Intel E6750 outperforms Athlon X2 6000+ and cost around the same)

Edit: The speed and difference between the E6850 and E6750 isn't a lot, so I would get the E6750.

enigmaindex

the Scarecrow
Trophies
Website
www.zomganime.com
XP
Country
Oh yeah Intel for sure. I haven't built an AMD CPU into a computer for about 1 year, and i build about 3-5 a week. I think as ZeWarriorReturns said, pay the extra and get the E6750 can overclock to 3ghz and plus do you want to fork out the extra cash for an AMD supported motherboard when you can use the extra cash for the better processor.

Cletebob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use these links to compare the difference in speed of various processors. It can help you decide how to get the best bang for the buck!!
wink2.gif

Compare Processors

Compare video cards

These are always helpful to me.

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have an E6320 overclocked to 3.01GHz. When I bought it it was for $120 CAD...seems the price has gone up since to $178 USD on Newegg.

I can easily overclock it to 4 or 5 GHz but I don't need that much quite yet. It also comes with more L2 cache than the AMD CPU you're looking at and that can make a pretty big difference in performance.

Ultimately, any modern day processor should do you well unless you do things that require massive processor power. If you're on a tight budget and already have the appropriate AMD motherboard you might as well spring for the AMD.

Read up on personal reviews and see if the processor has the potential to overclock easily. I could've spent a few hundred dollars more to get an equivalent 3GHz Intel processor...but didn't since overclocking was much cheaper.

Westside

Sogdiana
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
Well ill vote for intel..
Get a Q6600! It can easly go to 3Ghz each core = 12Ghz
wink.gif
wtf.gif
U know... Final speed does not = # of cores X speed of each core. U need the application and the operating system to take advantage of it. The way it seems, we'll have to wait for something more advanced (and hopefully better) than current Vista.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...